Chapter 7: Broken Friendship

My alarm screams at me to get up. I groan. It's Monday. Today I see what's going to happen between me and Y/N. We haven't spoken since Friday. 

"No time to ride with you to school today, gotta be in early today, okay?" I radio.

"Alrighty." Lucas says.

"Okay," Will replies. "I think Dustin's still sleeping, we'll tell him on the way."

"Thanks guys." I reply.

I take my time in the morning. I start riding, desperately  trying to collect my thoughts. I arrive way too soon. I get to my locker, and get my books for science. I sigh. Science with Y/N. Lunch with Y/N. Math with Y/N. English with Y/N. Locker near Y/N. Everything with her. I close my eyes. How the hell am I going to get through today? I head to science early. I just want to fade into the shadows, so I take a seat in the back. I can sense Mr. Clarke give me a strange look, I'm usually front and center.

When Lucas, Will, and Dustin arrive, they ask me why I'm sitting in the back.

"I don't know, really. I'm just out of it today." I reply.

"Come sit with us buddy." says Dustin.

I get up without a word, and sit with them. Mr. Clarke isn't the only one who gives me a weird look.

A couple of minutes later, Y/N walks in, her face looking as pissed as possible. I tense, trying to cover my blush by not looking up. After a while, Y/N started to sit with us at the front, but today she sits where she did on the first day of school. All the way in the back. Oh this is bad. This is bad. Bad. bad. Very bad. I messed up. She thinks I'm weird and I am. Oh God, What did I do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She did sit with us the rest of the day, but she looked as uncomfortable as I did. 

"Sorry I seem dead today. I'm really tired and I can't think straight." she yawns at lunch. 

"No problem." says Will.

I sigh. I know why she was so 'tired'.

"Mike, you seem dead too. What's up?" says Lucas.

"Ah I don't know, I stayed up too late last night." I try to say.

Dustin and Lucas share confused looks. 

This day will never ever end.

It's like this for the rest of the week. It's awkward. Uncomfortable. Most of all, it's annoying. Friday, you just barely managed to avoid ripping off everyone's heads. Punching walls was even more tempting. I can't go on like this,

Now, this day. This day will never end.

When the day did end, I told my friends I had to stay after school. When they left, I took another way home. Don't get me wrong, I loved them all, but I just wanted to be alone.

I need to fix this. I need to fix this. As soon as I get home I ask my dad if I can have a friend over, and he says sure without even looking up. I grab the phone and dial Y/N's number.

"Hello?"

"Hey, this is Mike Wheeler, can I talk to Y/N?" I say.

"You're talking to her." she says.

"Oh, well can you come over in like, an hour?" I ask.

"Uh..yeah, sure I guess, what for?" she says.

"I'll tell you in an hour." I say. I hang up.

Okay, I can do this. I need to do this. 

I madly straighten out everything. My basement, my room, my hair, and anything in between. I've never been this nervous and excited at the same time. 

I'm in the middle of thinking about what I'm going to say when I hear it.

The sound of my doorbell ringing.

Well there's no going back now.