Chapter 11(͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖): The Storm

(A/N: Maybe try playing the video as you read?? I don't know if that works but set the mood ( ͡☉ ͜ʖ ͡☉)

Your POV

After Mike is upstairs for a while, you decide you should probably help him. Your stomach does an odd acrobatic routine at the thought of the two of you together. You shake the feelings from your mind.

"Guys I'm going to see if Mike needs any help." you announce, climbing the stairs.

Dustin grunts in response.

"You need any help?" you ask when you get upstairs.

"Uh, sure, I mean, if you want." he says.

You walk over to the kitchen. "Alright, so what do you need me to do?"

"Um...for now, stir the pasta while I put Will and your pizza's in the oven" he says.

"Yes chef." you mock salute him, going over to the pasta on the stove to stir.

"Alright that's good, that's good..." he snaps his fingers, talking to himself. "Damn! Lucas' grilled cheese."

At that, you try your hardest not to laugh.

He puts butter in the heated pan on the stove. It makes a satisfying sizzling noise. Toasted bread is thrown into it. He puts cheese in between the slices and flips it.

He then looks at his watch. "You can stop stirring the pasta."

Next he gets out Dustin's vodka sauce, and inspects your station. 

"Alright, that's done. Could you turn off the burner?" he asks.

"Sure." you respond.

He gets out a strainer and places it in the sink. Next Mike carefully pours the pasta into the colander. "Can you flip the grilled cheese?" he asks, shaking the colander to get most of the water out.

You just nod and flip it, while Mike gets out two bowls, and divides the strained pasta into each of them. While he pours sauce onto them, he asks you to plate the grilled cheese.

"Isn't the pizza ready?" you ask, flipping the sandwich onto a plate.

"Almost," he replies. "In about a minute." 

He finishes pouring the sauce and peers into the oven.

"Alright, they're done." he says, getting two plates out of the cupboard.

While Mike is getting the pizza out, you hear Dustin's voice from downstairs.

"WOULD YOU TWO QUIT MAKING OUT AND BRING US SOME DAMN FOOD! I'M HUNGRY!" he complains. (A/N: if you want to get to know me that pretty much sums it all up nicely.)

You do your absolute best not to blush. Damn it Dustin!

"OH, QUIT CRYING AND GET IT YOURSELF!" you retaliate.

Mike laughs. "Dinner's ready!" he yells.

While you go to get your pizza, he accidentally bumps into you.

"S-sorry." he mumbles, blushing furiously.

"No prob." you say, although you were just electrically shocked. You mentally curse yourself and grab your and Will's food. You hand it to Will as he comes up the steps. 

"Lucas." you say, handing him his grilled cheese.

"Dustin," you say, handing him his pasta. "Although I don't think you're very hungry, are you?"