Chapter 28

=========================================================

  MB_247 has made a beautiful trailer for this story on WeVideo.  

its a fantastic trailer and captures all the characters, twists and the moods 

of the book. please watch it.

https://www.wevideo.com/view/1084611846

============================================================

City Hospital 9 AM

All the TV channels were running live updates of the press conference convened by Vikram Chaudhary in the front lawn of the City Hospital, where Pratap Chaudhary was undergoing treatment. Few pics of Pratap still in bed and recovering were shown in between.

 Few pics of Pratap still in bed and recovering were shown in between

Vikram Chaudhary looked quite run down and in deep anguish. Answering questions posed by the TV journalists, he said that he was deeply troubled that his brother was still in critical condition from the injuries sustained in the shooting. But he was even more traumatised by the fact that the police haven't managed to catch the culprit, even after so many days. He expressed his complete dissatisfaction and blamed police incompetence for this failure. He ended the press conference by praying to the almighty, and appealed for public to pray for his brother's speedy recovery.

Amrita was clad in a burqa and was watching Vikram Chaudhary behind the entire press crowd.

Once everyone left, she slowly walked into the hospital to the reception desk to make an enquiry.

****

Naveen reached Nasscom office, and was greeted warmly by his colleagues, who were all relieved to know that he had recovered completely.

The tussle between Shyam and Anand was the hot topic in the office, and everyone sniggered behind Anand Rai's back. Anand pretended to ignore them, but was inwardly seething towards them for all their ridicule. He still held a soft spot for Sonali though, and truly believed that her boyfriend didn't deserve her. In all the chaos, he completely forgot that he showed the microchip device to Amrita (Sonali).

Sanjana was very much surprised and disappointed when Naveen told her about Sonali's sudden resignation. But she also believed that perhaps she took a hasty decision in taking up this job, instead of resolving issues with her boyfriend in the first place.

Naveen received the security pass and resignation letter from Amrita, which he promptly handed back to HR.

Naveen was perplexed, and little bit worried too about this unusual resignation of Amrita.

Just to make sure, he went through all the server logs on the NASSCOM server to check if there has been any breach of security, but found none. (Amrita had been thorough).