Chapter 91

The Presence of TV Channels and other media journalists doubled the next day, as Vikram Chaudhary was about to make his appearance in the court trial. Ajay and Amrita spoke to Brijesh over the phone, just the way they have been doing everyday morning. Ajay once again apologised for not able to come and see him personally at Indrajit Saxena's home due to security reasons.

"Ajay beta, Please don't think like that. You guys are safe and secure where you are and I must thank Indrajit Bhai for that. Saroj ji is taking care of both me and Janaki Amma here and we are happy. Although I do miss my arm chair at my home." He chuckled.

"Baba why didn't you tell me before? You don't have to stay till the end of the trial. Please let me know and I will speak to DIG Sir. Would you like to go back to hometown?" Ajay asked anxiously.

"It's not like that Beta. I wanted to stay and listen to your testimony and I was so proud of you that day. But Janaki Amma too is feeling home sick a bit. She is used to our home..."

"That's ok Baba, please go today. Once the trial is over, me and Ammu will come and visit you all." Ajay reassured him.

"I am glad you understand beta, I will speak to Inderji and make arrangements for my travel. Please give the phone to Ammu." Brijesh requested and spoke to his daughter at length.

Amrita hung up the phone finally after half an hour.

Ajay was happy to see how happy and contented she was looking.

He gathered her in his arms and kissed her on forehead.

"Ready for the court?" he asked her softly.

"Hmm, yes and for the first time I will be sitting next to you." She chirped happily and kissed him hard on his lips.

"Hmm true. But Ammu, please don't kiss me like this in the court OK? I can't control myself." He teased her, and she pushed him away rolling her eyes.

Their vehicle came to pick them up soon after and Nitin was inside, waiting for them.

They quickly drove in silence, and Ajay was taken inside the court by the backdoor entrance, away from all the frenzy of media presence.

*****

Soon after, the whole motorcade of Vikram Chaudhary arrived and he got down from it smiling.

As he made his way down to the courtroom, he waved at the press and the few crowds who were gathered there. It looked as if he was attending a party room meeting than a court trial.

Pramod and his team of lawyers ushered him inside the court room, as if they were inviting a chief guest for an award ceremony. Once he was seated, Vikram glanced around the court room and took in all the details. His eyes first sought Kamal Chaudhary, the traitor murderer, but he was being shielded by his lawyer Ravi Rajan on one side and a police constable on the other. Khurana and Kabir Khan were busy updating notes in their file and talking in hushed tones, and completely ignored Vikram's presence in the room.

Then slowly, flanked again on either side by police constables and followed closely behind by Nitin, Ajay entered the courtroom, drawing applause from the public gallery, and Vikram was barely able to control himself from storming out,. Ajay looked casually at Vikram and smiled, before settling down in his allotted seat along with Amrita and Shyam.

Nitin was busy looking at his own file and talking to Sarang seated next to him but when he realised Vikram was glaring at him, he gave him a warning look not to lose his temper.

Vikram Chaudhary closed his eyes and tried to do exactly that.

Judge Thapar was unusually late. Khurana couldn't help but smirk inwardly. It looked like even Judge Thapar wanted to show Vikram his place in the courtroom.