Chapter 86

Ajay and Amrita were feeling a bit awkward to face Nitin just then, but they were spared all embarrassment, as he quickly greeted them and asked to follow him. He chose to ride a motorbike accompanying their secure car, and they all made a long journey to the old but spacious house of DIG Indrajit Saxena in the city outskirts.

Saroj and Anjali Sharma again did Aarti and tilak for the newlyweds and asked Amrita to enter with her right foot in first. Amrita rushed to her Baba and hugged him, and Brijesh greeted his daughter equally emotionally. Dr Sharma teased his friend that it had only been one day since the Vidaai.

Saroj remarked that her bahu was looking just like goddess Lakshmi, and Anjali Sharma too acknowledged that she was indeed looking beautiful.

Amrita sneaked a glance at her husband and smiled inwardly as he winked at her with his trademark smirk.

Saroj took them to their pooja room first and made the couple sit down and perform a small pooja for Lord Ganesh first, and all the other deities. She wrapped a Kashmiri shawl around Ajay and insisted that he wear it for the rest of the day. She presented them again with new clothes much against their protests. Once the pooja was complete they joined the rest of invitees in the lounge.

As Amrita was about to sit down in the lounge, Ajay bent down and slowly whispered to her.

Immediately Amrita got up and together they took blessings from Ganesh Chand, Dr Sharma, Indrajit and their spouses and finally Brijesh

Sonali and Shyam greeted the newlyweds but before they could tease them much, Indrajit and Saroj took all of them to show their home. They had two guest bedrooms, and they explained that Ajay used to stay in one of those, when he used to visit their home during IPS training. 

Amrita very much wanted to pull Anita aside to give a piece of her mind about the negligee selection but neither Anita nor Mukesh were there. They were told that Anita and Mukesh had gone off to a movie so they couldn't join them for dinner. 

After some time Khurana along with Mr and Mrs Khan arrived, shortly followed by Sarang and Constable Ramesh and they all had a leisurely dinner. All the items were placed on a table and everyone helped themselves to multiple serves, chatting and joking and teasing the newlyweds.

Both Saroj and Mrs Sharma went out of their way to make sure Nitin was comfortable and had multiple servings of all the dishes prepared for dinner much against his protests.