Chapter 39

The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray - Old saying
When things don't go according to plan
Spin comes into play. - New saying

Amrita, Shyam and Mukesh finalised their plan of action and who should do what.

Amrita volunteered to go to Sarang and get the receiver and follow Kamal.

"Please trust me with this job. I assure you, I will be doubly cautious, because this is not my life at danger, but Ajay's. I will not mess this up and cause any harm to him in the process. I promise." She assured them both and left on her motorbike that Vijay left with them earlier.

She made sure her face is covered by a dark helmet and her hair is all tucked in. She wore a heavily padded leather jacket and pants and set off.

Sarang was waiting for her a few blocks away from the station, and handed over the receiver to her

Sarang was waiting for her a few blocks away from the station, and handed over the receiver to her. He informed her that if he notices Kamal leaving the station, he would text her. Amrita thanked him, and positioned herself behind an old road roller left by the repair workers at a nearby street.

It pained her so much to be so near to Ajay, and still not able to see him. But she knew that doing this job without a hitch is of paramount importance. She and Ajay had a lifetime to spend together... After an hour of waiting, she got a text from Sarang saying that Kamal was going out.

It was quite dark by now, and Amrita's black bike was but a shadow in the fast moving traffic.

She kept a distance of at least 5 vehicles behind Kamal's Van and followed him. The reception of the receiver was pretty good even in the traffic. She secured it next to her ear with in the helmet. But Kamal wasn't talking, probably because he was driving the Van himself. The car reached a dingy part of the city, which looked run down and disreputable. Amrita stopped her bike quite a distance away, and ensured she was well hidden, behind a side wall of a dilapidated building.

Shortly afterwards, a man with long hair and sunken face approached S P Kamal.

He saluted to S P Kamal and caught the cash bundle Kamal threw at him.

"So you understood what I require right? It should look like an explosion that would occur when a car with failed breaks hits the van, bursting the fuel tank, and catching fire. But you should actually place a tiny bomb inside the car, which should do the job. The main thing is body should be blown to pieces and there should not be any trace of the body." He reiterated in a cold voice.

" He reiterated in a cold voice