Chapter 70

You may impress people with clever tactics and ideas.

But to be a true leader, you need to be truthful.

Its your honesty and integrity that will make people

come with you. -- Celestial_Sesi

Ravi Rajan looked as he had been dealt a heavy blow and all blood drained from his face.

But he recovered himself quickly.

"How are you sure that Sonali was the one who worked at NASSCOM? You weren't even THERE." He almost barked.

"I had a video chat with both my colleagues from home. The first day I was too sick, but I had a video chat with Sonali and Sanjana the second day, when I was sure that I couldn't go to office that day too. And Miss Sonali Banerjee was there in our office with Sanjana." The more irritated Ravi Rajan was, the calmer Naveen's behaviour became.

Ravi Rajan started laughing derisively.

"Oh so now you are also going to tell me that there were no CCTV footage files taken from the NASSCOM server by the fake Sonali. Is that right?"

Naveen didn't want to look at Ravi Rajan anymore. He turned towards Judge Thapar.

"That is right your honour. When Ms Banerjee resigned so suddenly, I had my suspicions as to why she did that. So the first thing I did, when I came back to office the next day, was to run a complete audit on all our systems and files, to see if there was any kind of data breach. But fortunately, nothing was found." He replied earnestly.

"How do you know that Amrita didn't copy files across that day? What is the proof you have to support your theory? May be you didn't check thoroughly." Ravi Rajan challenged Naveen.

Naveen sighed in frustration and began to explain.

"We have various tools at our disposal to trace any kind of activity on our servers, and these traces are run every day routinely, to make sure we have the highest security maintained on all our data.

Our company's software and hardware are reputed for their security features; that's why our equipment is installed in so many places all across the city.

I ran a manual trace that day and checked that no files were copied. Perhaps you should concentrate more on how to gather more evidence to prove the innocence of your client, rather than asking baseless questions." Naveen's tone was edgy, as if he was losing patience.

"Mr Dixit don't you dare tell me how to do my job. You don't know who you are speaking to" Ravi Rajan hissed angrily.

 You don't know who you are speaking to" Ravi Rajan hissed angrily

"Mr Rajan, you too should stop telling me how to do my job then." Naveen's eyes were spitting fire at Ravi.

Khurana, who was watching the whole proceeding with a smile till then, strode up to Judge Thapar.