Chapter 29

=========================================================

@MusicBox_247 has made a beautiful trailer for this story on WeVideo.  

its a fantastic trailer and captures all the characters, twists and the moods 

of the book. please watch it.

https://www.wevideo.com/view/1084611846

=========================================================

"Is it true what they say : that you forgive even your enemy on Holi??

But what if it was a friend and your soulmate... Someone who

hurt you deeply than any Enemy ever could...Can you forgive them?

Ajay wanted to personally check the safe haven arranged for Dr Tiwari in the city, and was keen to go back. But he hadn't seen Brijesh so happy for a long time, and didn't want to hurt his feelings by refusing to stay back. Also he knew that SP Kamal would be feeling the heat in the department now to re-open Vidya's case, and he would be too busy trying to save his job and protect Chaudhary brothers, than plan any revenge attacks. He had sometime before he could introduce his next move against them.

After Dinner and long chat, Ajay left with Dr Sharma for a nightcap at their home. After Brijesh Mehta, Dr Sharma was the closest to Ajay when he was growing up so he was quite used spending his time in their home.

Surprisingly he had a good sleep in their home that night, and woke up quite late, to the unusual sounds of a busy household in the morning. Dr Sharma was pulling all stops to ensure different varieties of breakfast were prepared. Mrs Sharma was a very loving and motherly figure, who spoilt Ajay like her own son when he was young, and it was no different even now.

He freshened up and finished his shower. Dr Sharma gave him new pair of clothes as it was Holi. Ajay objected that he can't accept gifts from them at this age, but Dr Sharma dismissed them all and forced Ajay to wear them. Ajay wore his white kurta and a new pair of jeans and joined them for breakfast. It was almost 11am by then.

Mrs Sharma and Dr. Sharma too were dressed in traditional white clothes.

Mrs Sharma served him poori, halwa along with puran poli and gujiya. Ajay protested that he can't eat so much food for breakfast, which brought out the usual angry reaction from her. She clucked her tongue in disapproval looking at his state of health.

"Do you actually eat anything there at your place? Just look at you! How thin and pale you have become?"

Ajay just smiled at her and continued eating his breakfast.

"Arey bhagyawan let him eat now. Don't you start your monologue on you how deplorable his health is at the moment." Dr Sharma retorted impatiently.

"Did you hear that Ajay? Just before you woke up, he asked me to prepare different varieties of breakfast, because he was very concerned how thin and pale you were looking. Now when I am saying the same thing he is asking me to keep quiet."

Ajay was used to their friendly bickering from his childhood, so he just shook his head and laughed out loudly. Dr Sharma and Mrs Sharma looked at him in mock anger.

As Ajay was enjoying a nice strong coffee made by Mrs Sharma, Amrita and Brijesh walked in carrying the Holi thali. They too were dressed in white. Amrita had braided her hair up and was wearing a simple pink and white chiffon kurti with matching dupatta and white jeggings.