Chapter Three

Its been a week since I've last seen Chen Heng Li and took an ice bath.

The herbal tea which the third prince sent to our household came the next day after, and I must say, it was very effective as I am feeling a lot better now.

Yesterday, my father went to the imperial capital for unknown reasons. I did ask him but he just told me its some unimportant matters. Seeing that he wouldn't budge, I gave up. He also told me that he'd be staying there for a few days and that if I needed anything, I should tell housekeeper Zhang.

I also gave him a thank you letter for the third prince if he ever sees him. I may be shameless (sometimes) but I still have to show my gratitude to Chen Heng Li for the year-worth supply of herbal medicine and tea.

I was so surprised when three carriages carrying twenty oak chests arrived at our household. We even converted one of the guestrooms to a storage room to stock all those herbs!

I would have opened a pharmacy if only it wasn't a crime to sell stuff that was given by the Royal family.

Its also been a week since I realized that the people here are not following the story plot. I thought I had a cheat by knowing the events that are about to happen but its definitely not the case anymore.

I can't blame them though because I am the culprit that messed up the plot.

I, one of the novel's antagonists and also had a vital role in the story, am not acting the way I should. I am supposedly the villain yet I have no plans of becoming one. No wonder everything is out of place.

With this realization, I am resolved to completely abandon the plot. I will write a new one for myself, as a new Bai Fan. As long as I avoid the death route, I will live my life the way I want.

"Miss, are you sure about this?" Xiao Yu asked worriedly.

"Of course, just make sure no one is to enter my chambers and we wouldn't be in trouble." I grinned, satisfied with how I look.

I was dressed as a young lad, wearing a simple commoners clothing, my long hair tied in a tight bun, my brows were drawn thick, and my face was void of make up.

"How do I look?"

"Miss, you look beautiful."

"I mean, do I look like a man?"

"You're more beautiful than men."

"Xiao Yu, how about making my brows thicker then?"

I plan to sneak out of the Bai household and go visit the town. I'd like to bring Xiao Yu but if both of us were missing, the guards will be alerted so I had her draw a simple map for me.

I have never been to the marketplace myself since my father won't allow me. The only chance I had was when Chen Heng Li requested me to accompany him and we all know what happened.

"If something bad happens to Miss, the General will execute this servant's worthless life, my family as well. Please reconsider!" Xiao Yu cried. She dropped on her knees and kowtowed.

I pulled her up, "Trust me, nothing bad is going to happen. I will make sure to come back before the night falls and no one will even notice I was gone the entire day."

"Miss, will you not change your mind?" Xiao Yu asked once again.

"No, I won't so hurry up and help me climb the walls before the others sees us!" I hushed her and patted her back.

After making sure that the guards patrolling beside my courtyard are not in sight, Xiao Yu held the ladder on the wall as I climbed up.

"Miss, be careful! Don't talk to strangers, don't follow them as well! Be sure to be back soon!" Xiao Yu reminded me.