Chapter Thirty Eight

I slowly opened my eyes, letting it adjust to the light that was peeking from my window.

What happened...

I quickly sat up and looked at the space beside me. But to my disappointment, it was empty. There was no one there. Not even a trace of him.

So last night was all a product of my imagination?

Or was it a part of my dream?

I frowned at the realization that Chen Mu was not yet back, still far away from me.

Did I miss him that bad that I started to visualize him, to recreate him inside my mind?

But everything felt real last night. His warm embrace, his breath fanning my face and his soothing voice lulling me to sleep.

Ahh, I'm going crazy!

I don't when exactly, but I've already started searching for his presence. Like I wanted to see him and touch him.

Maybe because he's one of the only few people I trust? One of the only few people I can somehow relate to? One of the only few people I am comfortable with? One of the only few people I can be myself with?

Whatever the reason is, I just want him back. Deciding to search for him, I pulled my travelling chest out and started to stuff it with my clothes and other belongings.

If I have to search the Western Border upside down, then I will. The chances are slim but I'm risking it. I am tired of waiting, not knowing where he is or when will he come back.

To have results, take action.

Armed with my willpower and a tad of desperation, I was determined to hunt Chen Mu down.

How dare he not write a letter to me?

How dare he leave his wife alone?

How dare he!

"Miss, what are you doing?" Xiao Yu entered the room with a food tray in her hands. She set it down the table and approached me with a confused look.

"Xiao Yu, pack up. We're leaving." I instructed her.

"Miss, where are we going?" Xiao Yu asked, looking at the overflowing chest in front of me.

"We are going back to the Western Border," I stated in firm resolution and nudged her to go fix her belongings.

"But Miss..."

I cut off whatever Xiao Yu was about to say, "No buts."

"Mis-"

"I said no buts."

"Miss!" Xiao Yu screamed in frustration.

"What?" I looked at her blankly.

"The First Prince is back!"

"I know that's why we're going to find your master, my husband, this empire's First Prin-," I paused, taking in what Xiao Yu said, "What?!"

"Miss, master is back." She grinned.

"Why didn't you say so!" I felt my heartbeat loudly banging in my chest.

"Miss, I was trying to tell you but you keep on cutting me off." Xiao Yu reminded me with a snort.

Is Chen Mu really back?

Like 'really' really back?

"Hold me. I think I'm going to faint." I grabbed Xiao Yu's arms and leaned on her for support.

But of course, I didn't really faint. I was just being a drama queen.

I runned to Chen Mu's courtyard. Xiao Yu was chasing after me, trying to stop me. So I ran faster until I reached Chen Mu's study room and closed the door from the inside, not allowing Xiao Yu to drag me back.

"Miss, you are weari-" Xiao Yu's voice drowned out as I stared directly at the familiar man currently sitting in front of me.

"Chen Mu?" I said.

He raised his head and stared back at me.

I bit my lip, stifling the tears that were threatening to fall.

Seeing him in person made me so happy that I'm beginning to be emotional. I haven't seen him in two months. That's over sixty days yet it felt like sixty years.

He stood up from his seat and sauntered towards me until we were just an inch apart. His face was so close to mine that I can see his features so clearly and it was mesmerizing.

"Did you miss me?" He asked, not letting go of my eyes.

I nodded truthfully.

"Is that why you came here to meet me?" He asked again.

I nodded in all honesty.

His hands ran down from my shoulders, down to my spine and went sidewards, holding me in my waist. His bold action created a tingly sensation that trailed his touch making me shiver, but not in rebuke, rather in a satisfying way.

"I like what you're wearing, I admit, I like what I see," his hands went lower to my hips and tightened his grip on me, "but I don't want you running around with it."

I felt like my whole being was dumped with ice water freezing me in the spot. I just realized I was wearing nothing but a tiny negligee.

Hold me.

I think I'm going to faint.

This time, for real.

Out of embarrassment, I pushed him away from me. I just wanted to hide inside a cave. But instead of letting me go, he pulled me closer to him completely removing the gap between us.

I can feel his body on mine. The surge of sudden warmth began to fill me, making me appear flushed. The loud banging of my heart doubled that I can hear it through my ears.

"Chen Mu..." A whimper of his name escaped my mouth as I courageously looked up to meet his fiery stare.

My eyes went further down to his lips. It looked so tempting that I tiptoed and reached for it. I licked his lower lip and backing down, teasing him. I tiptoed again, intending to tease him more but he met me and smacked his mouth on mine. This time, it was him teasing me, or should I say, assaulting me with his tongue.

I let him in, slightly opening my mouth. I let him explore as I tried to stay concious from sensory overload. Feeling my knees weaken, I grabbed on his arms for support.

He then let go of me.

"Fan'er, can I?" His voice seemed deeper than before making it more dangerously sexy to my ears.

I can feel my blood rushing up my face but I don't care anymore.

I nodded.

He lifted my legs on his hips that I was clinging on his neck as he walked his way to his chambers which was conveniently attached to his study room. He gently laid me in bed and pushed the hair covering my face behind my ears.

"I missed you." He voiced out.

"I missed you, too. So much." I confessed.

He smiled at my answer, obviously satisfied with what he heard, and gave my lips a quick peck before trailing kisses down my neck. His hand held mine over my head as his other hand made its way under my cloth and then resting on top of my chest. His hand begin to work its wonder as he gently kneaded my mound like a dough, flickering its sensitive bud. The tiny sparks caused by his touch made me moan in ecstasy.

"First Prince! The General Bai have arrived. He wishes to seek an audience with you." A guard announced from the outside.

Author: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)