III. Bad Boy

Jessica's POV:

Releasing a deep breath, I turn around only to see the new school nurse. "Why aren't you in class?" She asked.

I glance down to see her nametag, Sally Ann. I clear my throat. "Hello, Mrs. Ann, I'm Todd's friend, and I wanted to check if he is okay," I said in a polite tone. Technically, I wasn't lying, but I wouldn't call him my friend more like acquaintances.

Mrs.Ann smiled at my response, eyes were gazing down at the drink in my hand. "For him?"

I nod, "Yeah, thought he might want something to drink since he is dehydrated and stuff," I grumble off as she releases a short laughing sound.

"Seems like you guys are really good friends." There is this odd tone inside her voice that I couldn't pick up. I wonder why she winks at me.

Perhaps, there is something inside her eye.

"Is he going to stay here?" I question dismissing whatever is lurking inside the new nurse's brain.

She shakes her head, walking towards her desk, placing the files in her hands down. "His mom is coming to pick him up since his fever suddenly spiked." I turn around to see him coughing again, releasing a low groaning sound. "The boy refused to go home until he sneezed into the principal face, and he forced him to come here." She shakes her head

Soon, the nurse left to go to the front office while being an Angel and gave me an excused slip. I asked her not to tell anyone that I was here, which she agreed then wink again. There is definitely something in her eye. I released a deep breath and wrote a note, sticking it onto the bottle.

Dear Mister Popular,

Stop sneezing into people's faces. If you're sick, go home.

Lots of Ugliness,

That Girl.

I nod in approval of my ugly scribbles and walk outside the room. I leaned against the door, crossing my legs, and stared up at the overly bright light. "He has a girlfriend," I remind myself before walking away.

Taking two steps, I stop as my eyes widen, seeing none other than the school infamous bad boy, Jax Rocco. With his incredible deep emerald eyes and tall, sturdy structure with a mind booming expensive car, he could get into any girl's skirt.

It is well known that Jax's parents finance many programs at this school, so he is basically untouchable. Jax is the only son of his house, so I guess he is considered the heir of Rocco's incorporation.

He used to go to a private school not too far away from here, but rumors say he beat up ten guys there. They didn't expel him; after all, Rocco's incorporation is well known. He chooses to transfer here, something about the girls at this school being hotter.

Jax is crouching in the empty hallway, leaning against the lockers. I stand there, watching him as he turns his head towards me. Slowly, he pulls out a box of cigarettes and flicks one between his fingers, of course, with style. He places one between his lips; eyes lock into mine. "Got a lighter?" His voice is low and raspy, the cigarette still between his cracked lips.

I took a sniff and rolled my hand in my backpack, snuffling through the small pocket then snapped my fingers. "Ah, I seem to forget about it during my last smoke."

He deepens the wrinkles between his brows. "You don't look like a girl who would smoke."

"Then why the fuck did you ask me for a lighter?" I question in a sassier tone than I intended even though I know his family can silence me for life.

He takes two blinks then chuckles, holding the cigarette between his fingers once again. "What's your name?"

"What's your name?" I retracted his question.