XXXII. Secrets

I leaned towards the door and reached for the handle. When I heard a click, I knew my escape plan was out. A low squeak left my mouth, "What do you want?"

"I want to know why Jax Rocco was in front of our house."

"Didn't you hear?" I should play ignorant. "He happened to pass by."

Brody scoffed, "Do I look stupid to you?"

I smiled, "Depends on what we're talkin-" I closed my mouth when Brody glared at me. "Look-" I said. "have you ever seen Jax and me talk to each other?"

"No, but I have caught you two looking at each other!" He shouldn't sound so proud of his detective skill. It's almost embarrassing.

I cringe, "Wow. We looked at each other," I said. I placed a hand on my stomach and grunted in pain.

Brody reached for me, but his hands went all around. It looks like he didn't know where to put it. "W-What's wrong? Are you in pain again?"

"I-I-I think... I'm pregnant with Jax's baby because I looked at him."

His mouth parted slightly, almost speechless from my fantastic acting skills. He released a deep breath from his nostrils, "You think that was funny? I thought you were hurt!"

"You didn't want me to get hurt? If you really didn't want me to get hurt, why did you drive like a madman earlier?!" I wasn't backing down.

"Well, who told you to interact with Jax Rocco? Do you know what type of guy he is?!" He doesn't seem to be backing off either.

And now, the war starts. "Oh, I heard all about Jax Rocco."

"Then, you should know to stay aw-"

"I even heard all about you," I said with a smile. "Should I stay away from you too?"

"That's different! I'm your brother!"

"Yes. My cocky, self-centered heartbreaking bully of a brother!"

"B-Bully? When have I ever bullied anyone?" I cannot believe he does not deny any of the other labels.

"That smirking face of yours is enough to bully others. Don't you know? A lot of other guys hate you."

Brody scoffed, "Of course, other guys would hate me. I don't expect any less. I mean, look at me. I'm tall, handsome, athletic, and smart. I'm more than a triple threat." He rushes a hand up to his hair.

I gagged.

I should've held it in, but I couldn't.

"Also, you can't compare us. That guy is nothing but a walking wad of trouble." Brody rested an elbow against the armrest and leaned inward. "I heard he got a girl pregnant and forced her to get an abortion. His parents covered it all up."

I glance at Brody and push his face back. "When did you get surgery?"

"What?"

"Isn't that how you turned into a gossip girl?"

Brody rolled his eyes, "I'm just saying, do not interact with that type of guy."