II. Aloe Vera Tissues

Jessica's POV:

My head leans against the window, listening to the beats inside my earphone as my forehead feels the cold glass. Gazing outside, I can see the pitter-pattering of the raindrops hitting against the window.

Moving my sights towards the rearview mirror, Todd's reflection came into view. His hair is still slightly damp from when he rushes towards Brody's car earlier. Todd doesn't ride with Brody and me, but his car broke down a few days ago. So, now we are carpooling, and I'm kicked to the backseat.

Brody and Todd were laughing, pushing each other, over some dude jokes probably. I zoned out again until a penny hit my eye. "Who in the world?" I shout, pulling off my earphones.

"We're here," Brody said with a smirk on his face while I rub my aching eyeball.

"I'm keeping the penny!" I shout as he slams the door shut, straddling towards his bros.

Grabbing the handle, I fling it open overhearing someone let out an owing sound. I jump out of the car, covering my mouth, seeing sitting on the ground with papers scattered around him. "I'm sorry!" I went on my knees, helping him gather the half wet papers.

Using the tip of my finger, I held up what seems to be our Calculus homework that's soaked in water. "I'm so sorry," I apologized again while he gave me a meekly smile.

Todd shrugs. "It's fine. I'm pretty sure I did it all wrong," he grabs the paper sliding it inside his black binder.

My eyes met with a familiar piece of paper, and I held the binder before he slipped it into his backpack. "Interesting note huh," Todd said capturing my attention

I nod. "Why is it inside your binder?" I ask, wondering why he didn't throw it away.

Todd stands up, patting his semi-wet dirty jeans. "A reminder."

"To zip up your zipper?" I ask, and he chuckles, nodding his head.

"Yeah. Sometimes after I go to the bathroom and take a pi-" he stops, cheeks turning red, and clears his throat. "I forget to-" he gave me another lazy shrug, "you know."

I stand there staring at him, then nod my head slowly. "I understand. I forget all the time."

His brows crease as his head sways slightly to the side, blonde hair covering his sparkling blue eyes. "Really?"

I laugh, "No, never."

After our laughter dies, we both stand there, awkwardly swaying and fidgeting around.

I grab my backpack from inside the car then slam it shut. "You know, you should just throw away that note," I said before walking towards the school building.

Todd is hot on my trail. "Why?" He questions, raking his fingers through his hair, pushing it back.

I walk inside with Todd beside me. "It just seems kind of creepy, someone you don't know leaving notes inside your locker."

Todd's lips thin severely, and he nods. "Definitely, but I think it's kind of cute." He sends me a sweet smile that I haven't seen in a long time.

I reach my locker, scrolling on my birthday. "You know, that may be a dangerously creepy Todd worshipping stalker you just call cute."

He crosses his arms, swaying towards the lockers, a twinkle of mischief inside his eyes. "Probably a cute girl who wants a piece of this." He dives his hand up and down his body.

I couldn't fight the urge to roll my eyes as I stuffed the books inside my backpack, "Or maybe a forty-year-old janitor who rents his mother's basement calling it his man cave." I gesture my head towards Mr.San, our school janitor.