XXXIII. The Break Up

Once Brody parked the car, he stormed out. I unbuckled my seatbelt and rushed after him. I grabbed his arm, "Why are you running away? Didn't we agree that if I told you a secret, you would tell me one of yours?"

Brody turned around, "I never promised that." He took a single step closer to me. "If I catch you around Jax Rocco. I'll make sure you're homeschool."

"Who do you think you are? Who are you to decide what's going on in my life!"

"I'm your brother!"

"It doesn't give you the right to tell me what I can do, who I can see, how I feel, or anything else!"

Brody took a step closer to me. Somehow, his body seems bigger than usual. "I'm your older brother. You're my younger sister. And as a younger sister, you should listen to your older brother."

I scoffed, "As a younger sister, you should listen to your older brother," I said mockingly. "What am I? Five?" I stomped towards the school entrance.

I cannot believe he is treating me as if I'm a little girl. I cannot believe he used that stupid big brother card on me. Even if he is my older brother, he has no right to intervene with my life. I don't intervene in his life.

What about Krista?

That's not my fault!

It's not my fault that Brody decided to push me in the middle of whatever it is between them.

I rushed my hands all over my head and punched the lockers. My sudden attack caused everyone to jump back. I bit my lower lip and held my wrist. "Ow. Stupid lockers."

"Yeah. Stupid lockers being so stupidly hard." I turned around to see Todd.

"What are you doing here?"

Todd looks around, "Attending school?"

"Oh, right. We're at school." I made my way towards my locker. When I was there, Todd was also there. "Can I help you?"

"Are you okay?"

"What?"

"I heard you got really sick." He tucks his fingers into his pant pocket. "And you fell down the stairs."

"Oh," I laughed, "Yeah, I'm fine." I scratched my head. "Thanks for asking."

"No problem."

I cannot believe he is talking to me after what happened over the weekend.

"You're probably wondering why I'm talking to you after what happened."

Can he read my mind?

"No. I'm not reading your mind, but I would also be surprised if something like that happened, and the person is also still talking to me." He's trying his best not to sound too awkward, but it only made the situation more...awkward.

I didn't know how to respond, so I kept my eye around the hallway. Hopefully, he will go away. Maybe, someone one of us knows will drag us away. Or maybe, the bell will ring, signaling us to cut this interaction short.