IX. My Queen

Immediately, I swerve the car towards a parking lot. I click on a button. "Get out of my car," I spoke in a stern tone.

Jax sat there, shaky hands gripping onto the seat belt as his breathing shortened in rapid motion. "Are you crazy, lady?" he screamed, staring at me with widening eyes. "You could've killed us with that damn sharp turn of yours!"

I raise my hand, causing the so-called bad boy of the school to flinch back. "Boy, you're on a short leash right now," I spoke icily, knowing my temper is about to snap.

Jax took a few blinks before leaning forward. "Wow."

"Wow...what?"

"I...I think...I think I like that."

My brows crunched, "What?"

He grinned, "Yell at me again." The edge of my lips twitched in utter repulsion. "I like it when my lady takes control like that."

I scoffed, "Your lady? I don't think so."

Jax rested his elbows on top of his glove compartment. "What must I do to get into your bedroom tonight?"

That sounds so wrong on so many levels. "I'm confused."

He tilts his head. "About what, baby girl?"

I place a finger in the air. "First of all, don't ever call me baby girl again."

"Okay...Princess."

"Stop," I hissed slowly.

"Alright...my Queen."

I clenched my hands on the wheel and closed my eyes. "Ten...Nine...Eight-"

"Eight," he said mockingly.

I ground my teeth. "Seven...Six-"

"Six," his voice pitched.

The veins in my head were popping with each passing second as the cars continued passing us on the road. "Five-"

"Six," he continued saying.

"Four."

"Six."

"Three."

"Six."

"Two."

"Six."

"On-"

"Six!" He suddenly shouted.

I grab the pillow behind the car and smack him with it. "Why" smack "are" smack "you" smack "doing" smack "this" smack "to" smack "me!" Smack! Smack! Smack!

Jax covers his face with his forearms. "Lady!" he shouted, grabbing the pillow from me. "Are you trying to kill me!"

"Yes!" I shrieked back, causing him to shrink. "I am trying to murder a stupid guy tonight!"

"Well, you're not doing a very good job." He went back to his mocking tone. "Everyone knows, if you murder, you should never murder someone you like. Duh."

"I don't like you!"

"Everyone likes me!"

"Says who?"

"Me!"

At that moment, I want to yank my hair out. Instead, I threw the pillow at him and growled in frustration. I slammed my head against the wheel, while Jax cuddled with the pillow.

After some silence, Jax pokes my side. "What?" I grumbled, long hair swaying against my cheeks as I stared at my lap.

"Are you upset?"