XIII. Antisocial

"Hey...Todd. What's up?" Why in the freaking world are you standing outside my bedroom door like a creep?

"Oh-" he scratches his head. "I wanted to apologize."

"No need for apologies. I'm used to it." I head towards the stairs.

Todd blocks me, "No. We're all really sorry. We shouldn't have been inconsiderate and-"

"You know what's inconsiderate?" I folded my arms. "The fact that you're the one who's apologizing when my older brother-" I screamed the older brother portion. I wanted Brody to hear it loud and clear. I know he's downstairs listening in on our conversation. Making sure it's safe to talk to me again. "who should be apologizing. He was the one who invited me tonight, knowing I don't have a boyfriend."

"I didn't mean it." Brody pokes out his head. "I assumed you were going to invite Krista, and you guys would be together."

"And if I didn't invite Krista? Then, what? You were going to make me stare at you all, making out with each other, forcing myself to remember how lonely my existence is?"

I'm not that upset, but I do want to blow off steam once in a while. Plus, I did really bad on my exams, and maybe, if I make Brody feel bad about putting me in a shitty situation, he'll back me up when I tell my parents about the exam score.

"Jess-"

"Enough." I place a palm in the air. "I don't want to hear you lecture me about how it's my fault that I'm unlikeable. Which is the reason why I don't have friends or a boyfriend." I hope I didn't take my pathetic acting too far. I need to do something to back up my emotions. I'm going to start crying.

I will cry on command.

"What are you doing?" Brody asks. "Do you have to go to the restroom? You can go, we can talk about this later."

Shit. I cannot cry on command.

I puffed my cheeks and went into the bathroom, maintaining what's left of my dignity. Now, both of them think I have to poop.

Between five to ten minutes of sitting on the toilet, I finished my business and went downstairs.

"No offense Brody. Your little sister is kind of a weirdo." That's Shawn's voice.

"Look. I'm not asking for much, but when Jess comes down. Mind stopping the lip-smacking and talk to her?" Brody said.

"You know we're trying," Victoria said. "But Jess is really unsociable."

"Yeah. I agree with Vic," Megan said. "I tried talking to her a few times, and she barely replied. She just stared at me. It was kind of creepy."

I took a few steps back and walked away. Krista was in the kitchen with Francis. Both of them were crafting the perfect dessert. I sneaked behind the door and stalked them. It's my house. I have the right to stalk anyone who steps foot in it.

"Cut the bananas into tiny circular pieces because my cute Jess loves it in biteable size," Krista said. She scoops a perfect circle ice cream.

"Alright," Francis responds.

"And cut the gummy worms too. Cut them and only put in red and green. She loves only those two colors in her sundae. Same with gummy bears. Make sure the gummy bears face are facing up."

"Okay."

At that moment, I wondered if Krista lied and had been hiding this perfect boyfriend material from me.

I noticed how Francis was sneaking peeks at Krista, who was focused on creating three perfect scoops. He smiles when she claps and squeals in excitement of her accomplishment. She pushes the bowl into the freezer.