XV. Attractive Males

I groan slightly, pressing my head against my palm. I regretted ever rejecting Jax a cupcake. If I gave him what he wanted, he probably would've gotten bored with me and left me alone.

My eyes skew towards another table. Todd is staring at me. He didn't notice the subtle messages between Jax and me, right?

The bell rang, and we all packed up for class. School is as dull as usual. And with that, the whole week passed.

Jax didn't do anything.

Todd didn't talk to me about what he may witness during lunch on Monday. Which meant, he didn't notice it. Right? Then again, does it matter if he does see? He can't tell me who I can and can't talk to.

I sank the math book into the locket and made my way towards the front of the school. Brody had extra practice, so I'm hitting a ride with Krista and her fake boyfriend, Francis.

Krista rushed towards me, with a smile that can't be hidden.

"Why are you so happy?"

"The autumn carnival is coming up!" She exhales softly, "I cannot wait to go."

"Exciting."

"Together. With my best friend." She grins widely. "And-" she started before I could intrude. "I invited Ivan and Shannon, who isn't a couple so that you won't feel like a third wheel. The three of you can talk about my disgusting display of affection with Francis."

"Brody is going, isn't he?"

"Victoria signed up for the autumn queen pageant. So, yeah. He will be there."

I exhale softly, "Kris-"

"And, Megan also signed up."

"I'm there." I wasn't going to go, but since Victoria and Megan are entering the autumn pageant, I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Megan is the ballerina princess.

Victoria is the head cheerleader.

It's going to be a good battle.

If this were a story, I would say Megan and Victoria are fighting for the leading character. And I can be that side character rooting for them to tear each other throats out.

"Hey," Todd appeared with Megan beside him. "Did you see Brody?"

"No. What's up?"

"I was going to tell him that I don't need the ride to your house. I'm going to hang out with Megan and a few others."

"Call him."

"I did, but he didn't pick up."

"Message him."

"I would, but when I called him, it went straight to voicemail. I think his phone is out of battery, and I don't want him to wait for me." Brody often forgets to charge his phone.

I shrug, "Well, what do you want me to do?"

"Can you tell him?"

"Can't," I respond. "I'm going back with Krista and Francis."

"Come on," Megan said. She plastered on a smile, one that forces anyone to do anything for her. "We need to go to meet a few other people. It's an important meeting for the autumn fair. Just this once, please."

I look at Megan. Then, Todd. And lastly, everyone behind them.

"Fine."

Megan smiled, "Thank you so much! We owe you one." She grabbed Todd's hand. "Now, we can go."