XI. Window

I don't know if I should feel flattered that such a good looking but cocky guy wants to kiss me or surprise that he's so honest about his emotions. Then, the suspicion arrives. Is this one of his methods he uses to get into girls' beds? Pretend he is vulnerable when, in reality, he's not.

I can see it now.

There's me.

Then, there's Jax.

***

"You're the most beautiful girl I've ever laid my eyes on, Jessica Thompson," Jax said.

I turn my head away from his hand, "No, I cannot believe you, handsome bad boy, Jax Rocco. I've-" a tear drop down, "I've heard about you. Rumors had spread the land regarding your personal affair."

He grabs my hands, "Please, my fair maiden, don't believe what others say about me. I may have the reputation of the bad boy, but inside, I'm a misguided person who desperately needs the embracement of the most beautiful girl in the world."

"And that fair, beautiful maiden is me?"

"Only you, my fair lady."

Steadily, Jax lays a sweet kiss on my lips, and until sunrise, he holds me in bed. Our hot bodies pressed against one another. Everything was sweet, until morning.

Jax pulls up his pants.

I cover myself with the blanket. "Jax? Where are you going?"

Jax glanced at me and smirked, "I'm leaving because I'm done with useless trash like you."

I gasp, "Useless trash? I thought I was the fairest maiden of all lands!"

Jax snickers, "Fairest maiden? Please, you're only a Grinch. You believe an attractive, wealthy bad boy with a reputation will fall for you?" He tugged on his shirt and gave me a cold look. One so cold that I felt like I was in the North Pole. I'm using that as a comparison despite never going there. "Goodbye forever, Grinch who stole Christmas and fell for my dirty pathetic excuse."

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how I lost my pride, dignity, and virtue.

After that, three months from now, I found out I'm pregnant. My family disowned me, the community mocks me, and Jax will deny ever sleeping with a filthy woman like me.

I can feel the mockery and judgment around me.

***

"Hey," Jax said. "Are you okay?"

I grab his shirt with both hands, "How dare you use me and not take responsibility! My family disowned me, and I had to raise twins by working sixteen hours a day for you!"

Jax stared at me with widened eyes. I return his stares. Steadily, his eyes moved to the left then to the right, averting my intense glare. "I'm sorry?" His voice pitched.

I push him back, "You better be sorry." Then, it occurred, the outburst of laughter from the guy in front of me. Immediately, I covered his mouth, preventing my family from hearing him. "Are you crazy?" I whispered.

His laughter died into short chortles. He removes my hand, "No, but you are." I felt it. His hand wrapped around my lower waist. "Grinch, you sure have an active imagination." He smiles, "So, how were our twins? Are they cute?"

I made some distance between us. "I will not become a teenage mother."

He grins, "So, what I'm hearing is. You want to carry my baby when you're twenty?"

"You-"

Someone knocks against the door. "Hey, Jess. Todd and I are watching a movie. You in?"

I look at Jax. If I stay in this room any longer, I may explode. I'm sure, after the movie, he'll fall asleep. Then, in the morning, he's gone. "Sure. I'll be out."