XIV. Ignore

When I woke up, Jax was gone, and the blanket was tightly tucked around my body. I had to fight to get out of bed.

The weekend came and went like the wind, meaning it is way too short. I somehow manage to avoid both Brody and Todd.

Then, the dreadful Monday arrives. I was forced to go to school together with them. I plunged on my rain boots and plugged in my earphones.

It was odd.

The song.

I never heard of the song before.

I looked down at my phone and pressed in the password - 1111. I'm not proud of my memory skills.

Panty Dropper.

That was the title of the playlist.

Oddly enough, his song choices aren't awful. Most of the songs were on my playlist, which was why I didn't notice it earlier.

During the ride, I noticed how Brody and Todd continuously glanced at me, but I ignored both of them. I'm sleepy.

And when Brody made a stop, I opened my eyes and saw a twenty on my lap. I cannot believe my brother is buying my affection. I pocketed the twenty and got out of the car. My feet land on a puddle of water, not too deep, though.

"Are we cool?" Brody asks.

I unplugged one earphone and noticed how Todd was standing behind him. He attempts to look busy with his phone. "Tell mom to stop it with the friendship play date."

"Done."

"And stop your friends from spreading nasty rumors about my best friend."

"I always do." I didn't doubt his statement. Even when Brody knows about Krista's obsession with him, he was never mean to her. He would still treat her like he treated me, a younger sibling.

"Then, we're cool." I plug in my headphones. "See you around the hallway."

I choose not to talk about what I heard about me in the living room. It's not a surprise that other people would consider me as anti-social compared to Brody. In reality, I didn't lack friends compared to the ordinary person, but having a super popular brother that overshadows you in every aspect does make you seem like a loner.

I understand my reputation at school.

I'm known as Brody's little sister.

I've long accepted that.

And it's fine with me. The worst they can do is what they did last night, call me a loner, friendless, or a weirdo. If not wanting to force myself to talk to you gives me the label of a weirdo, I'll accept that.

Some people say I have the mind of a forty years old lady.

Then, there he is. The guy I shared a bed with over the weekend. He stood there, leaning against the row of lockers with a few girls and guys around him. He seems bored with whatever they're talking about.

His eyes meet mine, and he looks away.

Then, there it was.

The odd feeling.

What is this that I'm feeling?

I squeal when someone pokes me from behind. I turn around to see Todd. I took off my headphones. "Todd!"

Todd places two hands in the air and back away slightly. "I've been calling you for the last two minutes."

"Yes, and you also saw me put on my headphones."

"Sorry for scaring you."

I blew out a raspy air and headed towards my locker. "What is it?" I dial in the combination.