IV. Miss Ducky

Jessica's POV: 

He stood there, eyes scanning the hallway once more.

"Is there something wrong with your eyeballs, Barrett?" Brody asked Todd.

Todd gave him a half-ass shrugged, "Just checking out chicks, ya know," he replied, cooly leaning back against the lockers after giving one his friends a bro shake.

"Don't you have a girl?" One of his friends asked.

He shrugged again, giving off his infamous smirked, "Ain't a crime to look," he responded.

I shut my locker.

Ever since we entered high school, Todd completely changed. Everyone changes, whether it was their hair color or fashion taste. Everyone seems to try his or her best to become more refreshing or more attractive in some way.

Todd was already good looking and naturally athletic, so he doesn't have to try much. Although I wished he would stop it with the whole douchebag personality, he took up to look cool.

Our eyes met once again, and instead of his usual avoiding self, he gave me a small smile. I, on the other hand, gave him a blank expression and walked away.

He is Brody's friend, not mine, and I rather stay away from their circle as far as possible. I know most of the guys, and they bring nothing but troubles. It could be vandalism, pranking, or merely vicious cuckoo in the head ex-girlfriends.

The whole day was typical, filled with boring, dull speaking teachers who demanded the school board pay them more despite barely doing any work. Then there are the other teachers who treat their classroom as if we are all in college despite some of us can barely tie our shoes and still flip girl skirts while running down the hallway.

Unlike elementary school, the girls like it when the guys flip their skirts, particularly if they're hot. When you're good-looking, you can get away with things, but when you're not, it's just creepy.

Todd gave his pal a firm gripping looking shake when he rushed down the hall and flipped nearly three cheerleader skirts where they responded with a high pitched. "Hey!" but they would send them a flirtatious smile.

One of the guys tried to flip my skirt during freshman year, and Brody broke his arm, saying I'm off-limits. After that, no more skirt flipping, even though I rarely wear one after that incident.

"It's like they are giving each other CPR," Krista grumbled while Brody choked Victoria with his tongue.

"I don't understand why you're so hung up with Brod; there are other guys in school who are interested in you," I comment, unzipping my backpack.

"I know," she tucked her hair behind her ear. "But Brody is my Prince Charming," she grumbled, pouting her lips, pounding her head against the lockers.

I released a deep breath, understanding it's time to play cupid. "Why don't you go out on a date to get Brody jealous," I suggest the worst idea in the world.

"That's the worst idea in the world," she read my mind.

I shrugged, lifting my heavy bag with my thigh. "Yeah, but it gives you a chance to see if Brod has some feelings for you," I explained, hoping it somehow made sense.

She nodded, "But, wouldn't it be bad to pull a third person into this?"

"Use someone you know," I replied, shoving my C- test at the bottom of the backpack, praying my dad doesn't ask about it later.

"How can I make Brody jealous with someone I already know?"

I shrugged, "Fake Love. Lie your lungs out; I don't know," I glanced at her while she looked like she was in immense deep thoughts.