XXXI. Fucking Psychotic

Unfortunate events happen to people all the time, without rhyme or reason.
The most unfortunate event in my life is that I fell down the stairs and hit my head while mom was out grocery shopping for soup ingredients.

Or at least I believe it was.

I knew I should've gone back into my bed.

When I told the doctor about the broken glass I heard, he said to me that sometimes, your mind would often play tricks on you when you're extremely ill.

I sip on the soup while dad, mom, and Brody, and Krista glared at Jax.

Yes.

Freaking Jax Rocco.

While mom was hysterical over the phone with the cops, I blackout, Jax was the one who gave me CPR. There's a part of me that's glad that I don't remember but another part that's disappointed because I don't remember.

It's so difficult to feel so many emotions.

"Jax," Dad was the first to speak. Jax said: "Hello" to everyone ten minutes ago. I cannot believe we all sat there for ten minutes, in complete silence. I was tempted to throw myself out of the window. My chances of surviving a three-story building shouldn't be that bad.

Jax took a step closer to him. "Hello, Mr.Thompson. It's nice to see you again." He lays out a hand. Despite his grimy appearance with a leather jacket and ripped black jeans, his body language reflects one of a gentleman. With his straight back and firm eyes.

Jax and dad knew each other?

Dad's gaze dropped toward the hand, and he stood up. His large body dominated over Jax, almost as if standing his ground as the Alpha of the room. He grabbed Jax's hand, and the vein popped on the back of it. "Thank you for helping Jessica."

Jax smiled, rather a terribly forced one, "It's not a problem."

"Not to be rude." He's about to be rude. "May I know how you got inside my house?"

Don't tell me.

Did Jax sneak into my bedroom?

I caught Brody glaring at me.

I look away.

Dang. Stupid guilt reflex.

If I knew this was going to happen. I would've faked sleep a bit longer. My stupid stomach had to growl earlier.

"I happened to pass by your house and heard a woman screaming. The front door was open, so I went inside. I apologize if I behave rudely."

If we weren't in such a sticky situation, I would've full-on applauded Jax. That was one damn great scenario. Jax looks at me and wink. My heart flutter.

Most likely, he climbed on top of the tree. Knock several times. I didn't open. My mom screamed, and then he went through the front door.

"Last time I heard, you lived on the other side of town." Brody should've kept quiet. Allow the situation to pass. For goodness sake, the guy saved my life, and he's put under interrogation.