Nevaeh

Winnie Harlow as Nevaeh^^^

"Mom, I don't want to go. Please don't make me go"

I begged my mom as she sipped her coffee. She was seated on the high chair that was in the living room reading the newspaper.

We've been through this every time I had to move schools. I begged her to stay home from school, she sipped her coffee, then I was forced to get ready for school.

"TAKE YOUR ASS UPSTAIRS AND GET READY FOR SCHOOL"

My mom screamed at me. I was taken aback by her sudden outburst. That's new. She usually just ignores me.

My little sister Myra must already be up because she wouldn't just silently hit. That's her angle even though she's the devil in disguise. This girl glued my butt to the toilet seat once. She's the most sneakiest nine year old I've ever meet.

"I'm trying something new this year. And if you go to another school next year I'm trying my other method, Whooping your ass"

"Jokes on you, I'm going to be in college next year"

"Jokes on you, I could still come to your dorm room and whoop your ass"

I shook my head and made my way upstairs. I don't want to show up to school with belt marks on me.

On my way upstairs I heard my dad laughing along with my mom, talking about how they're raising me right. What great parents I have.

Once I got to my room I took off my clothes and picked up my towel. As I passed my mirror I stopped and examined myself.

When I was younger I used to hate my skin. I wore hoodies and long pants everyday from 1st grade to 11 grade.

But I'm starting to embrace it now. I know I'm different from everyone else and I'm okay with that. I love every dot and spot that's on my body.

During the last three months of school and also during summer I finally went to my therapy sessions. I never liked them because I didn't see the point in going.

Everytime I go to a new school I'm always quiet. I used to be the girl that always has the hoodie over her head and eats lunch in the bathroom.

Well In this school it's going to be different. I'm going to be the real me and talk back to everyone who has some slick shit to say about my skin.

My little sister also has Vitiligo. She's the most confident person I know and she's nine years old. She embraces her skin and I'm proud of her.

I'm not one to cause drama but I will if I have to.

I walked away from the mirror and into the bathroom. I took out my spin brush and black soap and started my morning routine.

After I was done in the bathroom I walked out with my fluffy pink towel wrapped around my body.

I put on my undergarments then I walked into my closet. Since it's my first day at my new school I have to dress to impress.

Impress who? I don't even know.

I picked up my white and pink brat shirt with some ripped jeans, my pink clear bookbag and my pink and white Jordans.

I smiled in satisfaction as I looked at my outfit. This is a step up from what I usually wear whenever it's my first day at a new school.

The last school I went to I only wore long sleeve shirts, long jeans, and hoodies. Mind you, I live in Florida. I was sweating up buckets everyday.

What I learned is that if you hide what makes you different from people once they find out they're going to treat you 10x worst than how they were going to.

That's why I'm coming to school as me. With no hoodie or hat.

The problem isn't that I let people walk all over me. It's just that the people that are bullying me takes it to the next level.

They either threaten my family or try to put their hands on, which never works out for them.

I threw my book bag on my back and walked downstairs. I grabbed a plate and put some scrambled eggs, bacon, and biscuit on it.

"Hi honey"

My dad said as he kissed my forehead. I said good morning back to him. He's so fake. He was just laughing at me moments ago.

"Where's mom?"

"She's getting some papers together"

My mom owns a law firm. She and my dad both are lawyers. My dad works for my mom.

They both are traveling lawyers. They fly to their clients, not the other way around. They've been all around the world. Whenever they come back they always bring me a camera.

You could say I have a passion for photography. I just love capturing rare and beautiful thing. I have about 20 cameras lined up on my drawer.

Today I brung my pink and white camera. It went well with my outfit and it looked sexy as hell.

After I finished eating my mom came out of her office with her brief case and her cup of coffee. I kissed her cheek good moring even though she almost beat my ass this morning.

"You ready to go to school!!!"

She said with such enthusiasm. I don't know how she could be this happy at 7 something in the morning. I woke up hours ago and I'm still dead.

I nodded my head and picked up my book bag. I said goodbye to my dad and made my way out to my mom's car.

During the car ride my mom gave me the usually speech about how today is going to be a good day. She also told me that this school is going to be different too.

That's what she told me three schools ago.

Let's just hope that she's right because I don't want to switch schools for the fourth time.

---------

The first chapter is a little boring but still I hope you enjoyed this chapter.