Nevaeh

"Nevaeh don't forget about the baby shower on Saturday. Invite your husband too"

My mom screamed from the school parking lot. That's what I get for wanting some mother daughter time this morning.

Instead of taking my car I decided to ride with my mom since she passes by my school on her way to work. Not only that but Evely was in the car.

Once I set foot in the car my mom informed me that my least favorite auntie is having her baby shower on Saturday and that I should invite Silas and bring Everly.

I know she's going to be all over Silas and sneak diss me while she's at it. She's one of those hoe aunties you don't invite to your house or any event.

She even tried to seduce my dad once. After my mom snatched the wig off her head and set her car on fire she stopped messing with my dad. That doesn't mean she stopped messing with the men in her family though.

The fact that I'm being forced to go to her baby shower is bothering me. She gives the worst gifts, her cornbread is always dry, and her house got roaches the size of a dollar bill.

If I'm being forced to go I'm bringing my own food, water, and air to breathe.

"Hi Nevaeh"

Nova said from the other side of my locker. I was about to answer her but I took in her appearance. She had bags under her eyes and her red hair was a mess. She had on a red pair of shoe and a black one.

"What's wrong Nova?"

"I had to take care of the baby all by myself last night. Anthony spent his time watching High School Musical 3 while I took care of Xavier. Around ten I finally got him to sleep. Once I put him down Anthony let out a loud cry because they all graduated which woke Xavier up"

I pulled her into a hug and patted her back. This must be how my mom looked when she had Myra. I bet you she was alot of trouble. I was a good child so it obviously wasn't me.

"Just hide all the food until Anthony does what he's told. That works for my dad all the time"

I said making her laugh. When we pulled away Anthony and Silas came walking towards us with huge smiles on their faces.

"Today is a beautiful day. I feel so refreshed and ready to start my day. Last night I had a good night's rest"

Anthony said as he sighed. He had a smile on his face as he looked around him. Nova took one look at him and walked away.

"What's wrong with her?"

"Oh I don't know she's probably tired from taking care of Xavier all by herself while you were balling your eyes out watching High School Musical. You were no help"

"That's not completely true I held Xavier while she went to use the bathroom"

"Did you hold him or did you place him on the chair so you could dance along to the songs?"

He looked away while scratching the back of his head. He knows damn well he didn't help Nova out at all.

"I'll go apologize"

He said as he walked in the direction that Nova went in. Once he was gone Silas pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek.

"Hi sunshine"

He whispered while he ran his fingers through my hair. I smiled and leaned up to kiss his cheek.

"I have your surprise ready for you. We're going to go see it after school today"

I nodded my head and pulled away from him. I'm so excited to see what he got me. He's the best gift giver ever.
I'm lucky to have a husband like him.