Silas

I pushed Emily in the mop water and ran out of the closet. This dumb ass little girl just ruined my life and I know it.

I ran after Nevaeh for what seem like hours. She turned the corner then suddenly she disappeared.

I was talking to my grandma when Emily pulled me in the closet. She didn't kiss me. She just pulled me close when she heard the door open. I will never allow her dry cracked lips to touch mine.

I made my way into the dining hall only to be meet with Nova sitting alone at the table. She looked at me then threw her punch on my face. She grabbed all her stuff and left me alone.

I took a seat at the table and placed my head in my hands. The best thing that ever happened to me just walked out of my life. What's going to happen to Everly and Jordan? They've gotten very close to Nevaeh.

"Now that Nevaeh is out of the picture how about we head to a hotel?"

I looked up at Emily as she smiled. Dirty mop dripped from her clothes as she tried to act sexy. I took her hand and sat her down besides me. I leaned in causing her to close her eyes.

Once she was close enough I smashed the left over cake I found on the table in her face.

Before she had a chance to react I got up and left. After she just finished ruining my life she thinks I'm going to forget about the love of my life and pick her? She must be crazy.

I drove home in silence. It's unusual since Nevaeh is usually singing off key by now. When I got home it was also quiet. Not even a cry from Everly or the laughs of Jordan.

All I could hear was crickets.

The next morning

I didn't sleep at all last night. There's black circles under my eyes and my face is pale from all the crying I was doing.

I look like shit.

As I was getting ready to leave for school there was a knock on my door. I trudged to the door and opened it. Anthony was on the other side of the door with a frying pan in his hand.

"You better tell me exactly what  happened yesterday night. Nova was cursing you out all night because you broke her best friend's heart. I'm telling you right now that Nevaeh isn't a girl you want to lose. I can see that she's changing you for the better"

He said as he twirled the frying pan. Not in a mood to argue I opened the door wider and ushered him inside.

After I was done telling him what happened he put down his frying pan. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair while I did the same.

"You know what the worst part is?"

"What?"

"I was going to ask her to be my girlfriend that night"

I said as I pulled on my hair. This whole thing is just so frustrating. I rather be friends with Mark than go through this. Shit I rather get hit by her dad's bat.

I know that after this whole fake married couple with a child project is over we have to go back to being friends. I don't want.

"You have to fix this. When you get a girl like her you don't let her go"

I nodded my head and got off the couch. I picked up my school book bag that was on the floor and walked towards the door. Once I opened the door I was meet with a Neaveh's smiling dad and a six feet long bat.

"Hello Silas. I want to introduce you to my 'this fucker Silas broke my daughter's heart' bat. I've had It since I first found out about you. It might be dented by the time I'm done with you though"