Silas

"And that's how we got Everly"

Nevaeh said with a sigh. She's been explaining to her parents why we're a married couple with a child for an hour now.

Nevaeh's mom left it alone fifty minutes ago. Trying to convince her dad Everly wasn't her secret child was the hardest part of our day.

"Kids let me go make you a snack. Nevaeh leave Everly with your dad. Come one Silas"

I nodded my head and followed her into the kitchen. I passed by very cautiously when I was in front of her dad. I know a small part of him thinks the baby is really mine but I'm forcing Nevaeh to take of her with me.

My grandma would kill me with her knife collection before her dad got me with his bat collection.

Nevaeh placed Everly in her dads arms and walked away. When we were in the kitchen her mom called us over to the stove and pointed to the living room.

I stood there in shock as I saw the most scariest man I've ever seen in my life that has a bat collection paying peek-a-boo with Everly. He was also blowing raspberries making her giggle.

"Nevaeh I told you your dad is soft. He just has a bat collection so he can seem intimidating. Silas you have nothing to be afraid of"

"He can still beat me to death with a bat and make it look like an accident"

She just waved me off and went to prepare our snacks. Ever since I meet him I've been sleeping with one eye open. Especially when I have dreams about Nevaeh.

After the ham and cheese sandwiches were done Myra and Jordan came running down the stairs.

"Man, Nevaeh is still alive. I guess my plans of turning her room into my personal studio has been crushed"

Nevaeh rolled her eyes and took a bite out of her sandwich. I heard Myra tell Jordan that they should probably go get the picture of her off the wall. She already started moving in.

"Where's Everly? I want to teach her how to bite you"

Myra told Nevaeh. Nevaeh just stuck the middle finger at her and got back to eating her food.

"Nevaeh"

Her mom warned from the stove. Her back was facing us. How does she know Nevaeh did something? Myra starting laughing while she stuck the middle finger at Nevaeh.

Nothing. Nothing happened. She didn't get a warning call or anything. Her mom just continued to fix some more sandwiches.

It be like that sometimes.

After we were done with our snack the kids and Nevaeh's mom went upstairs causing Nevaeh and I to be left alone with her dad.

"I want to meet your parents"

He said out of nowhere. At the mention of my parents Nevaeh rubbed my thigh. She gave me a smile and looked back at her dad.

"I don't live with my parents. They left Jordan and I when I was nine"

I watched as his expression change. He sighed and looked down at Everly who was smiling like crazy.

"But my grandparents raised me. You can meet them"

He nodded his head and handed me Everly. For the first time in forever he didn't threaten to kill me with a bat. He just left Nevaeh and I alone.

"So Nevaeh I have a surprise for you"

"I love gifts"

She said as she bounced up and down. I watched as she impatiently waited for her gift.