Silas

"Why do I have to go to this baby shower? They're not my family members"

I whined as we walked into the school. The baby shower is tomorrow and it's now I'm finding out about it. Not only that but she told me her aunt might try to seduce me.

"You're my husband so my family is your family. Now stop whining like a little baby and walk me to lunch"

Her mom told her to tell me yesterday but she forgot. She was having some quality time with the bed while I helped Jordan and Everly get situated in their rooms.

She said something about how  underwear, no bra, a large t-shirt, shaved legs, and a comfortable blanket is the key to a successful nap.

"And to think I bought you lunch"

I mumbled behind her. She just shook her head and kept on walking. She knows I'm going to give it to her either way.

Once we took a seat Nevaeh put a huge smile on her face and waited for me to give her what I bought.

I took the plastic bag out of my bookbag and handed it to her. She immediately ripped a hole through the bag and opened up the plate. It was maccorini and cheese with shrimp.

"This is why I'm happy you're my husband

"This is why I'm happy you're my husband. I don't have to worry about being hungry"

She kissed my cheek and dug her fork in her food. It's a good thing my grandma owns a restaurant because Nevaeh sure can eat.

"You won't believe what happened"

Nova said while she took a seat in front of Nevaeh. I took out a plate for her and for a hungry ass Anthony who was staring at Nevaeh's plate. After they thanked me Nova continued talking.

"Emily paid the janitor to take care of her baby for her. She paid him five thousand dollars to help her after school but it didn't work out for her. He took the money and never showed up"

She really paid the janitor to be her partner. I know that being a single mother isn't a easy task but she could've at least tried. I guess she's afraid of hard work.

"That's what happens when you're a bitch to everyone. No one wants to team up with you"

Nevaeh said taking a break from her food. All of us started laughing at the thought of Mark hiding from her when it was time to pick our partners.

"Anyways you want to go partying tonight?"

"I'll have to ask my parents"

"Come on you're a married woman living in your own house"

"My parents don't play that. My dad is Haitian and I have to ask him weeks in advance. Even if they say yes they still might say no the day of or the day before the event"

"Then that means you can't go?"

"That's exactly what it means. Next time there's a party ask me two weeks in advance and I might go"