Jordan

"Thank you for giving us a chance Jordan"

My parents said as they smiled at me. My dad ruffled my head while my mom patted my shoulder.

Even though I had school tomorrow my real parents let me stay up late so I can talk to my fake parents. I just wanted this to be over. I don't know why I told them they can stay here.

This guy's feet smell like corn chips and this lady's breathe smells like a thousand butt holes.

"So Jordan, where did Silas get all this money from? This house sure is nice"

They've asked me about Silas's money ten times now. I just keep avoiding the question. It's none of their business how Silas makes his money.

"Since you guys just keep asking me about money I'm going to sleep"

I said about to get up. He grabbed a hold of my hand and pulled me back down. I know he didn't just touch me with his dirty ass fingertips.

"We're not just asking about the money for no reason. We just want to make sure that Silas isn't a criminal or something"

"I don't know where he gets his money from but I know he keeps it in the top right cabinet in the kitchen"

I said with a shrug. They just looked at each other with evil smiled on their faces. I don't know how are they my parents. They're weird as hell.

After I said good night I went upstairs to my room. On my way up I heard Bob said they've hit the jackpot. I'm telling you they're weird weird.

I walked in my parents room and laid on the bed. Since my real mom has been missing for nine years I don't claim her. My mom from now on is Nevaeh.

I sometimes sneak in here to cuddle up to them. I take the middle since Silas hates being away from Nevaeh. I love making him frustrated.

Soon after I took my place I slowly started to drift off to sleep. This feels like home.

Hours after I fell asleep a loud alarm went off. Kind of like a siren. Nevaeh popped out of bed and went to Everly while Silas took his gun from the drawer in the nightstand. He made sure I was okay then we left.

After everyone was safe we all made our way to where the alarm was ringing from. The sound lead us to the kitchen.

Right in the corner of the kitchen was my parents tied to the wall. They fell for my trap.

"What's going on here?"

"They were looking for money. I told them that you hid it in the cabinet so they waited for all of us to be asleep so they can steal it and go"

I said sadly. I thought that they really came back so they can get to know Silas and I. I thought they would stay for good. I guess I was wrong.

"Why would you do that Jordan? We're your parents" Bob said.

"I knew that Silas set up a trap for Nevaeh because she kept on eating all of our cookies. I thought you were better than that. Now I know why you guys wanted to stay here you can go"

I said with tears running down my face. Asking my parents to love me must be too much to ask.

Some girls get their first heartbreak from a boy. It's sad to say that my own parents caused my first heartbreak once they stepped foot out of the hospital room.

I went to my room and laid down. I lazily pulled the blanket over my body and cried myself to sleep.

Once I heard the first ring of the alarm I immediately threw it to the wall. I hate being woken up by that loud fire siren.