Nevaeh

Today is finally Friday which means my detention sentence has been lifted. The week has passed by quickly and I love it.

I can be free to go directly to sleep after school without having to scrub my skin off because the smell of toilet water is engraved into my clothes.

Once the bell for lunch rung I was quick to escape the classroom. Not only do they serve good food but the early kids get a large ice cream cone.

After I got my large pepperoni pizza with a can of sprite I went over to the ice cream cart and asked for a large cookie and cream ice cream. I took it and went to my usual seat.

While I was eating I heard someone's throat clear. I looked up only to see Mark's hand wrapped around Emily's waist. They took a seat in the table in front of the one I was sitting at.

Was I supposed to be bothered or pressed?

I hate when guys try to make you jealous with the ugliest bitches like boy, fuck you and your boyfriend.

Maybe if Emily finds a fool to date her she'll finally mind her business. If I'm lucky Mark will even leave me alone.

"Hey girl, what's up?"

Nova said as she took a seat in front of me, blocking Emily and Mark. They must've noticed because they shifted one seat over. How pathetic.

"Nothing much, dumb and dumber are behind you trying to make me jealous"

She snickered and shook her head. She knows exactly who I'm talking about. Only two people in this school crave for my attention like that.

You'll never see anyone try to make me jealous with a boy I would trade for a chicken nugget other than Emily.

"Let's kiss so we can make her believe it"

Emily said as she puckered up her lips. While her eyes were closed Mark shook his head and walked away.

Emily leaned in for a kiss only to be meet with the chair Mark was previously sitting on. She rubbed her forehead and mumbled curse words.

It's not like her pea size brain was affected anyways.

I guess their plan of making me jealous was a flop. That's what happens when two people with half a brain put their heads together.

"Where's your boyfriend?"

Nova asked as she took a bite of her burger. My face scrunched up in confusion. This girl has lost her mind.

"Until Silas asks me to be his girlfriend I'm single"

"I predict you're going to be off the market very soon"

She said with an evil smile. Her face says she knows something I don't and it scares me.

A whole bunch of gasps were heard from the cafeteria. I ignored them and went back to Nova. Before I could question her a lunch tray was settled next to me.

I looked up and saw Silas take a seat next to me. No wonder why the cafeteria was gasping. Nova told me that in all the four years Silas has been in this school he never ate lunch in the cafeteria.

That was until today.

He saw me staring at him so he gave me a half smile. More sounds of surprise gasp came from the cafeteria.

I guess they've never seen Silas smile either.

"So Silas I heard you and Nevaeh are a thing"

And here comes this airhead ruining  everything as usually.