Nevaeh

"Please explain to me exactly how you got detention Nevaeh"

I was finally home after two hours of detention. The worst thing is I had to do my tasks with Emily right next to me. At least she got punished too.

"I was sitting in class minding my own business when she Emily tried to shade in the white parts of my skin with black marker. After I cursed her out she threw a marker at me and told me to shut up so I got up and threw the chair I was sitting on in her face"

I heard my dad chuckle from the other side of the couch. Once my mom turned around he covered it up with a cough.

"Nevaeh you can't solve everything with violence. You could've just told the teacher"

"Mom when you're angry you don't have time to tell the teacher, you just react"

"Next time please throw something that won't possibly cause her to have a concussion"

"No promises"

I whispered. My dad chuckled and gave me a thumbs up. My mom got up from the couch and walked over to where he was.

"Expect triple the work on your desk tomorrow"

"You can't do that"

My dad whined. He pouted at my mom and gave her the best puppy eyes he had. That didn't seem to work in his case.

"Yes I can, I'm your boss"

She got up and went to the kitchen. My dad followed after her only to be sent back to the living room. He sat down on the couch with a sigh.

"This is all your fault. We had special things planned for tonight now it's ruined"

"I love you too dad"

I said as I ran up to my room. Since I wanted to take a six hour nap I had to do my homework now so I could wake up for dinner.

"Toilet scrubber is back and smelling better then when she left this morning"

Myra taunted. She laughed at my acrylics that was coming off from the gum scrapper I used to take the gum from under the desks.

"Shut up you testicle"

"Jokes on you, I don't even know what that is"

That's why I said it. Since she doesn't know what it means she can't go crying to mom saying that I cursed at her.

I rolled my eyes and walked into my room. Once I spotted my book bag I took out my science and math homework and laid it on my bed.

I picked up my math homework and put my name and the date. I stared at the paper and put my pencil down.

"I'll do the rest after my nap"

I threw the paper to the side and pulled my blanket over me. I snuggled deep into my bed and closed my eyes.

The next day

I used to love my parents. Keyword used to.

My mom decided to make steak with mash potatoes and greens for dinner yesterday night.

I've been telling her to cook that for months and when she finally did it I didn't even get a taste of it.

They let me sleep until the next day without me even eating dinner. To make matters worst, this morning I woke up late only leaving me thirty mintues to get ready.

My parents and Myra woke up an hour before I did. They cliamed they didn't want to wake me up because I looked too peaceful. Those ass hats.

I'm supposed to be in first period right now but it's about to end in five mintues. Thanks to those people I call my family I missed first period and breakfast.

Now I'm gonna be cranky all day because I didn't eat dinner last night or breakfast.

I waited in front of my locker for the bell to ring so I can go to second period. I just hope nobody talks to me because they're gonna get their feelings hurt.

Once the bell rung I grabbed my text book and closed my locker. Once I turned around I was meet with the guy that thinks I'm stupid enough to sleep with him.

"Babe I missed you in first period"

"Can you hop off my back please, I'm trying to get through my day without being harassed"

"Can I just shoot my shot?"

"My hoop broke. The ball is deflated. My coach called timeout. My ankle broke and I didn't make the team"

"Come on stop playing"

"Did I not just tell you that my ball deflated? How could I be playing"

Before you could even answer Emily came and stepped in between us. Where's a desk when you need it?

"Hi Mark, you look good today"

So his name is Mark. Now I can curse him out using his actually name and not sir.

"Bye Nevaeh. See you later"

He didn't even spare Emily a glance. He just walked away from her. She turned around and glared at me.

"I've been trying to get him for months now. How are you just going to swoop in and get him?"

"I guess he's smart enough to see who's the better choice"

"First you get Silas now you take Mark. You're so selfish"

"I didn't take anyone. Last time I check I'm single"

"Why don't they want me? I'm better than you"

"You can't put a crown on a clown and expect a queen"

I took one last look at her and walked away. I couldn't be late to class just because Emily wanted some attention.

I walked into class and stomped over to my seat. I plopped down next to Silas with a frown on my face. Emily and Mike or Mackie, whatever his name is, made me use up the little energy I had on their stupidness.

Inky: what's wrong sunshine :(

Me: I'm cranky because I didn't eat dinner last night or breakfast this morning.

Inky: I got you

I looked next to me and saw Silas pulling something out of his book bag.  He took out a McDonald's bag and placed it in front of me.

I opened it and saw a two sausage McMuffins with eggs, hash browns and a parfait.

I squealed out of excitement and tackled him in a hug. I pulled his hoodie to the side and planted a kiss on his cheek. I saw his cheeks turn a shade a pink while he pulled down his hoodie.

I offered him a sandwich but he declined it. I shrugged my shoulders and got to eating. Those McMuffins hit the spot. I ate them like a wild dog while Silas was silently laughing next to me.

After I was done I leaned back in my seat and rubbed my stomach. I turned to Silas and said thank you.

If it wasn't for him I would've been a bitch to everyone today.

He nodded his head and looked to the front of the room. It's been thirty mintues and the teacher still isn't here.

Mintues later the principal walked in and told us the teacher would be coming in late. I just shrugged my shoulders and decided to take a nap.

If I'm going to be in school any longer I'm gonna need a nap.

I was about to close my eyes when my phone buzzed. I dug through my back pocket and pulled it out.

It was a message from Silas.

Inky: wanna get out of here?