Silas

"I don't see why Nevaeh is still single. I would've asked her to be my girlfriend if it wasn't for you"

Jordan said as she stroked her hair on the couch. We were thirty mintues into watching Rapunzel and Jordan already ate all the popcorn. I only ate one handful.

She's been stroking her hair like an evil man stokes a cat ever since we were in the car.

The fact that they flat ironed her hair made it worst. Her hair was now under her butt which was making her feel like Rapunzel.

I had to explain to her many times that if I climb her hair I will rip it out of her scalp. She even told me to buy her a pet chameleon.

"If you don't get Nevaeh someone else will"

I looked at her in shock. I clothe her, feed her, provide her with water and electricity and this is how she repays me.

I know that many guys have their eyes on her. I see the way they look at her when she walks down the halls. Sometimes I just want to stab them in the eyes.

Nevaeh would be my first girlfriend and I think I would be her first boyfriend. Neither of us knows how a relationship works. Not to meteinton that I'm scared.

I don't want to mess things up with Nevaeh. She's easily the only person that I care about in that school. If it weren't for her, I wouldn't even consider coming to school without my hoodie.

"I know that Jordan. I'm just scared"

"Well stop being so scared and take that step before another guy steps up"

"I don't see you stepping up when it comes to Tristan"

"That's only because you go into protective brother/dad mood whenever I breathe around him"

I rolled my eyes and got back to watching the movie. Ever since she became Dr. Phil or Oprah.

She wasn't talking like this yesterday when I told her to wash the dishes. She said her hand hurt from the hair dye.

Just for that dumb lie I made her wash the dishes and clean the living room. She could've made up a better lie.

As we were watching Rapunzel my mind kept on drifting off to Nevaeh. I wonder what she's doing right now.

I fell asleep right when Rapunzel escaped with Eugene.

The next day

Today I feel weird. I feel like I'm walking on air. I even willing woke up without breaking my alarm clock.

I picked up my phone to see if I had any notifications. That's the first thing I do every morning. To my surprise sunshine texted me.

Sunshine: good morning inky❤

Me: good morning sunshine💛

Sunshine: you want to make a deal?

Me: sure

Sunshine: I dare you to wear a pop of color today. If you do I kiss you. If you don't you kiss me.

Me: bet

Either way I get to kiss her so what do I lose? But, just to make her happy I'll wear something besides my usual all black outfits.

After I finished talking a shower I went in my closet to at least see if I have something that's not black.

That obviously didn't work. All I saw was black and rips. I went further into my closet and to my surprise I saw a gray hoodie. I even found blue jeans.