Silas

I pulled up to my driveway and parked my bike. I walked up to the front door and opened it.

Once I closed the door a loud sound came from the kitchen. I quickly grabbed the gun that I hid behind a picture frame and made my way to the kitchen.

I slowly walked in the kitchen only to see my grandma going through my fridge. I put the gun inside of a cabinet and talked.

"Grandma what are you doing here?"

She turned around and gave me a big smile. She didn't even have to answer, once I saw her smile I already knew why she was here.

She snuck away from grandpa so she can here to make dinner for Jordan and I. This happens about once a week.

My grandpa doesn't even get worried anymore. He just uses the free time he has to drink cans beers and smoke. Two things my grandma doesn't allow him to do.

"I'm making some tacos, chicken, and cheese fries"

"Grandma I already ate cheese fries with Nevaeh not even two hours ago"

"Well you're gonna eat cheese fries again because you're eating my food. I have to see the girl you keep taking about. She filled your stomach before I did"

I may or may not have told my grandma about Nevaeh. Well I didn't tell her she went through my phone and found a contact labeled sunshine with a heart and a sun next to it.

Before she can ask anymore questions I took my car keys and snuck out. She's the type of person to chase me down.

I guess her making the tacos is a good thing because before I came home I dropped off the burgers and fries to Myra and Jordan at school. I know they don't eat school lunch.

I drove up to school and parked my car where my bike previously was. As I sat in my car I saw a whole bunch of kids sneaking out of school.

So irresponsible.

I walked back into the school and made my way to my last period. Since I move in silence maybe the teacher wouldn't notice me.

Boy was I wrong.

One, the door made a loud ass sound when I opened it. Two, the teacher was already facing me once I walked in the room.

"Mr. Wesley, I see you also are just now arriving. Can you tell me why you're late since Ms. Johnson seems to be stuck"

What the hell does she expect me to say? I didn't even talk to Nevaeh yet, why would I talk to her.

"Ms. Robin I suggest you give them two weeks of detention so they can learn their lesson" Emily chimed in.

Does anyone have a brick? A bus maybe.

"Coming from the girl that skipped class to suck some HIV dick"

Nova said. Emily's eyes said it was true but her mouth was saying no. I'm not surprised though.

"Ms. Johnson anything you have to say?"

"My parents called me and told me that they needed me, it was a family emergency. I signed myself out and went to help them but I don't have a car so Silas drove me. I only came back so I could get a few minutes of class"

Man she's good. How did she think of a lie on the spot like that?

I knew coming back here was a bad idea but we had to. The school checks if you were in first period and your last period.

If they saw that we didn't come to our last period they would've suspended us.

"Is this true Mr. Wesley?"