Silas

Every year our school has a John  Hawkins homecoming dance and I hate it. It gives the girls a chance to ask the guys out rather than the other way around.

The girls take the opportunity to wear the most sparkly and blinding clothes they have. It's like a mini prom. The boys just come because most of them get ass thrown back on them.

Every year I have to hide in the boys bathroom or the bushes because Emily and her people are always looking for me around this time. I refuse to go with her.

But I know I don't have anything to worry about this year. Emily could ask me but I could always tell Nevaeh so she can drag her.

Today is the day before the dance and the girls are going around asking their crushes to the dance. I was just sitting next to Nevaeh as she and Nova were planning on going to the mall after school.

"I don't have my clothes, shoes, accessories, or my hair. I'm going to look a mess"

Nevaeh said. I've told Nevaeh many times that she doesn't have to go all out but she just blocks me out. It's just a school dance.

"I got you on the hair. For the clothes and accessories I'll give you money for it after school"

She thanked me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. Since she already asked me to the dance she was stress free. I was dying from stress.

Everything is already taken care of for her. I have to get a hair cut, buy my clothes, shoes, and my watch. I also have to get my nails cleaned at the nail shop. I have to make sure I look my best.

My girl can't look like a full course meal and I look like expired milk.

The bell rung seizing all conversation. Every was holding onto Xavier for dear life, not wanting to let him go. Xavier laid a open mouth kiss on her forehead then stared to laugh. She laughed then finally let him go.

If Xavier was just any random baby I would've spanked him for kissing Everly. My daughter is being introduced to boys at such a young age and I hate it.

Since we have the same class the kids were playing with each other from a distance. I have to admit it was kind of cute. Just a little bit.

When we walked into our creative writing class it looked like a daycare. This class has to be my favorite class to come to. Too bad Emily's writing class had to merge with ours for the day.

"Since I see half of the class have their baby with I guess I'll have to change the bellringer"

The teacher said as she looked around the room. She waved at the kids with a smile on her face. As if one cue Everly waved back at her.

Even though she tends to take off her shoes and put her feet in her mouth after she waves to someone it was cute.

I taught her how to eat her feet right after Neaveh taught her how to wave. I made her believe it was a chicken wing once and now she sucks on her toes. Neaveh thinks I need alot of help.

"Okay so the bellringer for today is to think ten years from now. What do you see yourself doing? What are your plans after college? Will there be any kids? Most people are already sitting next to there life partners right now"

When she said the last part she looked at Neaveh and I along with Nova and Anthony.

"You got it all wrong. It's Silas and I that's meant to be together"

Emily said from the front of the room. Everyone just rolled their eyes at her. They already know she's delusional. Even the teacher mumble something about her being crazy.

"I'm sorry to break it to you Emily but Silas seems very happy with Neaveh and Everly"

"He's just playing hard to get. That's what my mom Britney tells me"

Well then her mother is delusional too. She sounds like the type to tie a guy in her basement and torture him. Maybe even burn a kid alive.

"While Emily is daydream you guys can start on this writing exercise"

True to the teachers word Emily wrote my name on a piece of paper and put a heart next to it. She held it up in my direction and blew me a kiss.

Nevaeh held up a paper that read kick rocks hoe. That seem to crush her dreams for the time being. I know she she's a roach and she's going to keep coming back.

After a few mintues the teacher said it was time. As she went around the room Neaveh was playing with Everly's fingers as she slept.

If Neaveh and Everly isn't in my future I don't want it.

Once she got to Neaveh her attention went to in front of the room. She reluctantly let go of Everly's fingers and grabbed her paper.

"In ten years I see myself married to Silas living in a mansion with our eight kids. I see Silas being an artist while I'm a model"

When Neaveh said she wanted to be a model a scoff was heard from the front of the room. Emily looked at Neaveh and stared to laugh.

"What are you going to do? Go on America's next top model, audition, make it through then become some big model? This isn't a book sweetie"

Nevaeh slowly reached in her bookbag to grab the fork she bought for Everly's macaroni. I knew when she was mad at Emily she resulted to violence so I took her hand out of the bag.

"Emily whatever you put on that paper will most likely never happen. Silas isn't in your future. What you need to do is go down to McDonald's and get your application ready. I feel bad for your kids"

"You're just talking because the baby you picked is pretty. When you have your own kids they'll probably look like shit"

"So people are still cute marrying guys so their babies can come our cute. If my baby ugly it's none of my business because I'm fine as hell. I'm not going to love my baby any less just because a raccoon faced hoe thinks he or she is ugly"

After Neaveh's little rant she had nothing to say. All she did was stick the middle finger at Neaveh. I should've passed Neaveh the fork.

The rest of the class went by smoothly. It turns out Anthony wants to own a restaurant chain. Surprise surprise. He wants to deal with food in the future.

"Silas I think we should spend some time with Jordan and Myra. They haven't had a line in this book in a minute"

I nodded my head and put the Everly in the car. Once we got home Neaveh collapsed on the couch and let out a sigh. She turned on Spongebob and got comfortable.

While she and Everly watched Spongebob I went in the bathroom to do Neaveh's wig for homecoming. It's a good thing I had her mom buy it for me while we were at school.

Since it's a formal event it couldn't be any extreme colors like green, pink, or purple. A black wig was what I came up with.

I was half way done with the wig when I heard talking going on downstairs. I slowly put the wig under the cabinet and went downstairs.

She was arguing with someone that was standing at the door. It was a male voice and he sounded kind of angry and impatient.

"What's going on Neaveh?"

"This man wants to talk to you and he's not taking no for an answer"

She stepped to the side so I can get a full view of the man. Had a smile on his face while he looked at me.

"Hi son"