Chapter 20 - French Kissin' In The USA (Deborah Harry)

NATE

"Ok, Nate....think!"  I ordered myself in desperation.

Excepting the seniors, everyone now sleeps in clothes instead of pyjamas. In case of an emergency.

I'd set out a long-sleeved gym top and leggings. They're like a second skin, so easy to sleep in and not get tangled. Also had those silly neon yellow, G-string undies that Shae bought me for a laugh.

The colour is so garish they almost glow in the dark  😖

They were all there, folded neatly within my towel this morning. Ready to go and now....bloody gone! Must've fallen out in my rush to escape before G arrived?

I ducked my head into the corridor only to see they're not on the floor. If they've fallen out, wouldn't my towel be unfolded as well?

No, they're slippery suckers....can slide out easily.

I'm trying to think but my head is currently all in a panic.

Ok....breathe....

....now think....

....again!

Plan A:  Wait until one of the ladies comes along and ask them to go get my clothes. Good!

Except it's freezing cold and now I'm shivering....plus they're already asleep.

Plan B:  Call out for some help.

No....Jeez no!

All my beloved vato's will come running in a panic. En-masse and guns at the ready. With Guillermo leading the charge....like flipping Napoleon.

Mega embarrassing  😳

Plan C:  Climb down the laundry chute and retrieve my dirty clothes.

Now that's just plain stupid, Nate!

Plan D:  Wrap my tiny excuse of a towel around me, then run the thirty-odd yards back to my room. Locate my clothes and get dressed.

Looks like we have ourselves a winner folks....plan D for Derpa it is!

*

Groaning, I wind my towel around me like a suit of armour. Tuck the top over, so it won't come loose or gape. Not that my B-cups are worth the effort 🤣 

Checked the coast was clear then sprinted down that corridor faster than Usain Bolt.

WhoopsaDaisy!

Skidded a bit turning the corner to the room and took a quick glance at the other bed. Still no Guillermo....thank goodness for small mercies.

I stepped into my room.

Why is it so bright in here? My little solar-powered lamp is on. But I turned it off before I left, didn't I? I'm sure of it.

He's laying on my bed....larger than life.

On his back with one arm cradling his head. Gazing up at the ceiling with a smile and whistling softly.

Twirling my damned knickers around his index finger like they're a freaking whirligig.

I nearly had a heart attack from fear.

"Ahhhh....I wondered when you'd come looking for these"  Guillermo turned to me with a look of absolute fake innocence.