Chapter 95 - Bitch is Back (Elton John)

DARYL

The sleep I got that night was dreamless. Yet I've woken up with the biggest morning wood in history.

My baby's hand is wrapped around it and she's nibblin at my pecs. Lapping my chest with her tongue like a kitten. Until the hairs on it form damp curls.

Her fingers ain't takin no prisoners either. Walkin themselves down even further. Before gripping tight and sliding their way up again....slowly.

I'm in exquisite agony.

"Na....aaaate....?"

Tried to be stern, honest! But then she gently bit down on a nipple and her name came out as a strangled, beggin gasp.

"Think I've got a fever"  She moaned in a pitiful little voice, wrapping a thigh over my pelvis.

"Please take my temperature, Dr Daryl?"

It only took the slightest of hip movements for me to do just that. She's burning up, but it's all good.

More than fuckin good in fact. And Dr Dixon gave his missus a fair old dose of the vitamin 'D'.

We lay there, slowly rocking in each other's arms while our mouths wrestled. It was quiet, it was gentle, it was sweet and it's what we both needed.

Once we cleaned each other up and got dressed, I let her go outside. While she's still a bit shaky and coughing sometimes? I know she'll pace herself until she fully recovers.

Made her promise....cos I know she always keeps em.

*

"YER COULDN'T FUCKIN WAIT UNTIL WE GOT BACK?"

I'm furious at Rick.

He sent Carol away. Banished her from our family. Our home.

It was her that killed Karen and David? No, not killed....murdered. Never, ever thought she could do somethin like that.

I'm shocked. But even angrier at what Rick has gone and done.

"That's her, but it ain't her man!"  I growled at him.

Can see the doubt fill his face now. Like he thinks he's done the right thing. Yet at the same time....knows he hasn't?

I've got plenty of experience givin that look myself I reckon  🙁

"I haven't told Tyreese any of it yet. Don't know how he's gonna react."

What's done is done. No use bitchin now, huh? I can't change it....just have to deal.

"C'mon, let's go find out then"  I walked past him and down the stairs, out to the courtyard.

He followed slowly.

Spotted Nate out in the field with a few of the Woodbury folk. Wandering through the veggie patches, getting some sun and fresh air. Has her rifle over one shoulder. Keepin an eye on some walkers rattling the fence nearby.

She saw us and raised her hand.

Dragged up a smile for her and indicated we're headin to the tombs. She nodded, puckered up and blew me a kiss. Before turnin her attention back to Kevin.

Who's busy talkin her ear off.

Better her than me. I can listen good to folk as well. But that feller makes more useless white noise than a big ol' set of bagpipes.

Can't see Hershel or Michonne anywhere. Rick said they took a load of walker bodies outside the fence at daybreak, to dispose of in the pits.

But they shoulda been back by now?