Chapter 90 - Dirrty (Christina Aguilera)

NATE

I'd have known he was coming. Even if I hadn't already glimpsed him striding around the corner.

His triumphant arrival is heralded by dozens of greetings.

"Morning, Daryl. You're looking chipper."

"Hey ya, Daryl....sleep well?"

"Daryl, how you goin man?"

He'd nod back at everyone with a little smile. Raise a hand in acknowledgement now and then.

His self-confidence, self-esteem....is growing in leaps and bounds. Though he still gets a tad uncomfortable with all the attention sometimes.

Daryl has brought most of these people back to the prison over the last few months. Including a doctor and an ex-Army paramedic to boot.

Things are getting a bit squeezy around the place nowadays. But (almost) everyone is a very welcome addition and we need them. Not just for safety in numbers.

Yup, we've had a couple of duds who managed to fool their way through his and Glenn's vetting process. They were quickly and quietly 'relocated'  just as Beth was. Far, far away much to everyone's relief.

Mine especially.

Though I can't help but feel some suspicious....glee....at his ulterior motives. I bet he's thinking that the sooner all these newbies settle in? The sooner his dream of moving us out to the farm can come to fruition.

They all totally adore him but I'm always going to be his number one fan.

"Somethin smells good!"

Daryl strode into the little outdoor kitchen gazebo. Where Carol is cooking on a massive hot plate. While I'm behind her on dishwashing duty  😑

Then I'm on fence kill patrol, as we've had a huge build-up of walkers overnight.

"Just so you know, Pookie. I liked you first"  Carol teased.

"Stop"  His stock standard answer was muttered back at her.

He grabbed a bowl of hash. Scooping food into a wide-open mouth with his fingers as he strutted my way.

His pelvis hit my butt, nudging me over the sink slightly. Flicked my ponytail out of the way and kissed the back of my neck. I quickly plonked a plate down on the drying rack before I dropped it.

"And just so yer  know....I did yer first"  He bragged softly against my ear.

Wonder what on earth he's referring to?

First time ever? First thing when we woke this morning? First time he threw me onto a bench in the potting shed and stuck his....?

Ahem *clears throat*

Anyhoooo....  😵‍💫

"Stop"  I mimic him, pushing my hips back.

Give them a little wiggle and feel him twitch against me. He bit my neck slightly as payback.

Sneaky bastard!  He bloody well knows how much that gets me hot under the collar.

"Finish them damn dishes, woman. And yer better have my supper on the table by the time I get home. Or yer ass'll be mine!"  He growled the threats before nipping my earlobe.

And that folks? Is my darling, redneck husband.

Supremely over-confident  sometimes. Methinks he's due a little lesson in matrimonial humility. Mmmm?