Chapter 81 - All Cried Out (Alison Moyet)

DARYL

Bitch is takin too damned long to get dressed!

Once Beth got her t-shirt on....I lost all patience.

Picked up her jeans and boots. Tugged the door open, threw em over the walkway. Reached back and grabbed her arm, almost throwin her over as well.

Yanked her around to face me. Her  face was full of smirk. Only it slid off pretty damn quick, once I told her she's done for.

Last chance? Fuck that shit....

"Tomorrow? We'll be kickin yer fuckin butt out of the family....forever. Yer come back, show yer face anywhere around this prison again? My arrow won't be in yer ass. It'll be in yer skull."

"That's my promise!"

Reckon the huge clap of thunder sealed the deal.

She took off like a sidewinder. Grabbed the rest of her clothes and made it to the cell block just before the rain started pissin down.

I glanced over at Nate's tower. See it's still in darkness and savagely kicked my door shut.

Wouldn't have happened, would it? If she'd just come up to talk to me like she was supposed to!

That skank wouldn't have dared sneak her fanny into my bed. If Nate hadn't been so pig-stubborn.

All her damned fault!

I kicked a few more things around the room before calming down.

Typical Dumbass, Dixon!

Yer lose yer temper and then go blamin someone else for it as usual. When the hell are yer gonna grow up and use the brain God gave yer? Before yer go stompin on people.

Thank fuck Nate's light ain't on. Because yer probably would've stormed over there....guns and mouth a 'blazin.

Me and Carol came up with a plan. So why didn't she come to see me? Is she still inside the block with the old folk?

BETH!!!!

That dumb bitch, what the hell was she playin at? Wouldn't touch her if she's the last breathin thing on earth.

I shoulda listened to Merle, huh? Not scoffed at him when he let on. That I'm the main object of her ummmm....obsession?

Whatever!

Shoulda thrown her over the walkway.

Then put an arrow in her skull!

*

I only got a couple more hours of broken sleep. Woke just before dawn. Got dressed, readied my pack for the run then glanced out the window.

He's already there in the field, usual spot. Gettin his head together before the day begins.

This is gonna hurt Hershel, I know that. But I really got no choice now. Just hope the other things I gotta tell him will make up for it a little bit?

I dumped my gear by the truck then went to talk with him.

Finished my piece and he just nodded sadly. Felt my insides clench, watchin his face all but collapse.

"It isn't your fault, son. I already had it in my head to take her out of the prison. She'd quietened down some since that thing before with Nate. But lately...."

Hershel now seems embarrassed, ashamed or both.

"She's been bullying a few of the older Woodbury folk. Saw her hitting a couple of those youngsters that you and Glenn brought in last week. And yesterday? Maggie caught her stealing from the stores."