Change of Look

Saturday, 7:45 am
Indiana
"Carmen... Carmen, wake up" I heard a voice say.
I didn't want to wake up, I was tired, it was my turn to drive last night. I drove for what seemed forever before I found a motel.
"Come on wake up" I recognized the voice, it was Renee.
"What do you want?" I said.
"Let's go to the salon" she said.
"The nail salon? We where there last week" I said.
"No the hair salon. Mr. McMahon said he wants to cut your hair." said Renee.
I immediately sat up on my bed,
"My hair!" I said grabbing my hair.
It was above my waist, I've always had my hair short, but I've gotten used to it being long.
"How short?" I asked.
"I don't know, but he already booked you an appointment" Renee said.
"What time?" I said
"In 15 minutes" said Renee.
"15 minutes! Well what are you waiting for, let's go!" I said throwing on the first thing I see.
Renee drove us to the salon in her and Dean's white Toyota Camry.

When we got there, the salon was called G Michael Salon. Inside it was pretty big and clean. It was also empty.

"Do you have an appointment?" The front desk lady asked

"Um, yeah for Carmen Del Ray" said Renee.
"Oh sorry we don't have an appointment for Carmen Del Ray here" the lady said.
"That's weird" said Renee to me.
"No that's Mr. McMahon" I said "is there an appointment for Willow Wyder?" I asked the attendant lady.
"Yes there is, your right on time" she said "follow me please"
"What about you" I asked Renee, I felt bad for leaving her.
"I'm going to go get ready for the party later today" Renee said.
"What party?" I said.
"Your victory party, at the resort, Lana's hosting it, remember?" she said.
I've completely forgotten about it, "oh yeah" I said "what time is it again, I'll also need to get ready" .
"12 o'clock" said Renee.
"Is this going to take long" I asked the lady.
"About 2-3 hours" she said.
I looked at the clock on the wall, it was 8:04.
Hopefully it goes by quick, I thought.
"Ok,  text me when there done" said Renee.
"Ok, see you later" I said as she left.
"Ok, follow me" said the lady.
I followed her the the 4th chair. I sat down and she yelled "Jenny! You have a costumer" then she turned to me "she'll be right with you" and she left back to her front desk to look at her phone.
A goth-looking girl with straight black hair, heavy eye-liner and an apron with the salons name on it came to me and said "Hey I'm Jenny" she put a cape on me.
"Hi Jenny, I'm Willow," I said "so what did Mr. McMahon say to do to my hair?"
"He wants to cut and give you highlights" she said spraying my hair with water.
"What color?" I said.
"Blue" she said starting to comb my hair.
"How short?" I asked.
"You'll see"she said starting to snip pieces of my hair, "but trust me it's going to look great" she turned the chair around so I couldn't see myself on the mirror.
I didn't trust Jenny at first, I didn't want her to give me a asymmetrical haircut. But I found out she was pretty cool. She actually studied for make up and hair after graduating high school. She said she wanted to work for Hollywood's biggest stars and do their hair and makeup someday. After what felt like forever, Jenny finally finished cutting my hair. She spun my chair around and I saw my reflection on the mirror.
"Wow" I said surprised "this is amazing".
My hair was now above my shoulders.
"Yeah, well we're not done yet" Jenny said turning the chair again.
She spent about 30 minutes applying the color, then she left me to wait for 1 hour.
I was flipping through the pages of their magazines, switching back and forth with my phone and the magazine, when I  thought, where did Lana say the party was at? The French something? I decided to ask Jenny to see if she knew anything.
"Hey Jenny," I called she came over to me, "is there a french resort somewhere around here?"
"Um there's The French Lick Resort" she said "why?"
"I was invited to a party there" I said.
"It's going to be a fancy party, I've heard that place is expensive" she said "it's been an hour, let's go wash your hair"
I followed her to the back were I sat on a chair. She pulled the chair (and me) back and with a shower head she started to wash my hair. When she was done, she wrapped a towel around my head and he walked back to the chair. She  blow-dried my hair, and combed it. She spun the chair around and took the cape off. My hair was unrecognizable.

"Oh my gosh, thank you so much, my hair looks amazing" I said

"Your welcome" Jenny said.
"Now comes the sad part" I said "paying, how much?"
"Oh the guy that made your appointment already paid" said Jenny.
"Oh ok" I said "is there a shampoo I have to use so  that the color doesn't fade quickly" I said.
"Yeah, I'll go get them" she said leaving and returning with two blue bottles.
"This one's shampoo and this one's conditioner" she said "they're both 20 dollars"
"That's fine" I said as I went to the front desk, where the lady wasn't there anymore, and paid for the bottles.

"This one's shampoo and this one's conditioner" she said "they're both 20 dollars""That's fine" I said as I went to the front desk, where the lady wasn't there anymore, and paid for the bottles

Then I texted Renee:
'Hey they're finished, come pick me up now'
It wasn't very long before she sent:
'On my way'
"Hey, Jenny can I stay here while my ride comes?" I asked.
"Sure" she said "hey, who's that guy who made you're appointment?"
"Oh that's my new boss, Mr. McMahon" I said.
"Your boss, sure is friendly with you" Jenny said, getting the wrong idea.
"Oh no nothing like that, he's like 100 and something" I quickly said.
"What's your job" Jenny said laughing.
"I'm a professional wrestler at WWE, well I wouldn't say professional yet, I just started" I said "hey, why don't you get a job there, I mean you can start from there and work your way to Hollywood, The Rock started there and look at him now his a movie star"
"Wrestler's need make-up?" Jenny said.
"Yeah and hair too" I said
"Well I guess I do need to start somewhere, Demi Lovato isn't going to walk in through that door" she said.
"Cool, I'll talk to Mr. McMahon about and text you what he says" I said "here's my number" I showed her my phone.
"Sounds good" she said showing me her number.
I heard honking outside. I looked out and saw it was Renee.
"That's my ride" I said, "can't wait to tell them about you"
"Have fun at your party"  Jenny said "bye"
"Bye" I said leaving the salon and going inside the car.
"Look at your hair!" Renee squealed.
"I know right, I love it" I said looking at my hair in the mirror.
She drove us back to the motel.
"I'll be right back" I said as I ran to our room changed into a cute crop top, shorts, my sunglasses, a necklace and a pair of heels.

I ran back to the car.
"That was fast" said Renee.
"Let's go" I said catching my breath
Renee drove is to the resort.