Chapter 2

The next morning, I got up a little earlier than would be expected to be at the gate by 7. I wanted to get there before the other members of my new team arrived and avoid any awkward encounters in case Kakashi hadn't given them the full 411 yet when he told them about today's mission 

I grabbed my Nijū Burēdo sword from its rest mount on the wall. This was the weapon I had chosen to train with when I first started out as a Genin. (reference photo below)

A/N: I honestly don't know if this sword has an official name. I'm referring to it as the Nijū Burēdo sword because Nijū Burēdo means double blade...I know, I'm so clever lol

I had two loops stitched into to the back of my jacket as well as the back of my shirt-in case I remove my jacket-that the sword slips into when fully compact in its case

I had two loops stitched into to the back of my jacket as well as the back of my shirt-in case I remove my jacket-that the sword slips into when fully compact in its case. It sits at a full horizontal across my back to make it easy to grab either hilt and pull out both swords at the same time for attack. And, at my choosing, the end of both hilts could snap in to one another to create one sword with a blade on each end. Each blade is one and a half feet long, so in the case it's about two feet long and when it's assembled as one sword it's about four feet.

The sword slipped with ease onto my back and I still had a pouch filled with typical weapons such as kunai, shuriken and paper bombs. The pouch had two straps that I clipped around the waist band of my pants, so it hung through the hole and hung on my right hip. I added my new Leaf Village Headband stitched into the other side of the waistband, sitting on my left hip.   

Not knowing if this days travel was going to include room and board along the way or not, I slung my small traveling bag of essentials with a mini pop up tent for one and sleeping bag strapped to it

Not knowing if this days travel was going to include room and board along the way or not, I slung my small traveling bag of essentials with a mini pop up tent for one and sleeping bag strapped to it. It was as compact as a backpack and I just walked with it hanging off one shoulder so it would be an easy drop if I needed quick access to my Nijū Burēdo.

With my jacket zipped and my current copy of Make Out Eden, I popped in my headphones and made my way through the streets to the village gates. Music and art had been a big part of my past life. It no longer had as large of a role as it used to, but it was the one thing that kept me company through these endless days alone. It was the only time I felt like I wasn't alone in the way I felt. Knowing that whoever wrote the song I was listening to understood and struggled like I did. I skipped to the next song and let my mind wander as I watched the rising sun on my walk.