Chapter 43

Naruto and Hinata sat patiently on the couch, exchanging looks of amusement as they waited.I was bursting at the seams, not gushing over my own daughter and telling them the good news when they first walked in the door. But it was also Kaori's good news that she wanted to tell them. All I told them was that Kaori insisted she wanted to show them something when they came to pick up Boruto. They were expecting maybe a show of the tricks she taught her new puppy Kenta. 

Hinata also got her hands on Boruto the moment she arrived. Two days away from her baby were two days too many. "How did he do?" Hinata asked, "He wasn't too much of a bother, was he?" 

"Not at all. In fact, the only bother might be Kaori once she starts missing him."

"Really?"

"She absolutely loves Boruto. They were inseparable." 

Naruto and Hinata looked down at Boruto with a big grin at the thought. "Where is Kaori?" Naruto looked up, glancing around for the sweet girl with the mop of silver hair.

As if on cue, she ran out of her room. She was nervous and had been practicing with Kenta a few more times before making her big debut. She stopped in front of them, then started to feel her nerves again and began twiddling her fingers. 

"I hear you have a surprise for us."  Naruto spoke up to help her along. 

She nodded her head timidly, then looked up from her hands. She glanced at Kakashi and I for support and we smiled at her and gave her a thumbs up. "You've got this" We coaxed her along. Kenta even pawed at her leg and whimpered to show his support. 

She nodded her head, then looked to Naruto "Uncle Naruto." His jaw dropped and she turned to his wide eyed wife "Aunt Hinata"

"Oh my god, Kaori!" Naruto exclaimed

Hinata had a pout, "Your voice is beautiful" 

Kaori beamed brightly at their responses.

"When did you..." Naruto paused, turning to us. "wait, do we still sign?" He wondered.

I chuckled at the perplexed look on his face and nodded. "Hearing you say the words you sign will help her learn them."

"Hearing..." Naruto turned back to her, "You can hear Kaori. That is amazing."

"Do you think Boruto can hear me?"  And now Hinata looked like she was ready to cry as she nodded her head. Kaori went over to Boruto where he sat on his mommy's lap.  "Boruto" She said much more clearly than the first time. Boruto grinned and cooed at hearing his name. "Boruto, Boruto, Boruto" she got overexcited by his excitement. 

Naruto and Hinata exchanged a glance, like they were sharing the same thought. "Kaori-we are taking Boruto to the park. Want to come?" 

"Me...park?" Kaori turned to us with a hopeful look on her face. Before we even finished nodding our approval, she was dragging Naruto by the hand to the front door. She was very excited to find out what she could hear at a park. 

"Try not to have too much fun while we're gone." Naruto chuckled and gave us a wink before disappearing out the door. Hinata blushed and apologized behind him for his suggestive comment. 

They closed the door and I turned to Kakashi. "Well then," I leaned into him, draping my arms over his shoulders, "what could we possibly do with an empty house?" I reached up and gave him a peck just over his mask before he finally pulled it down. I gave him another peck on his lips. "Much better" I commented with a smile.