Chapter 37

Kakashi came up behind me, resting his chin on my shoulder. He raised a brow at the way I was making our fried eggs for breakfast. They were quickly turning into scrambled with the way I attacked them with the spatula. "Something on your mind?" He questioned, making me jump a little. I had been a little zoned out and didn't pay attention to the fact that he was even out of the shower. 

I took a deep breath"No, I'm just...I guess I'm a little nervous." I admitted.

Kakashi moved to lean back on the counter so he could face me. "Nervous? About what?" 

Now I just gave him a raised brow stare, waiting for him to fill in the blanks. We decided just to be safe, to get a second opinion from a doctor...the gynecological kind...and today was my appointment.

"Oh, right" He murmured as he remembered. He flicked off the stove, then grabbed my wrist from the pan and pulled me into him. "No matter what happens today, it'll be okay. As long as we have each other, we can handle anything, right?"

I couldn't help but manage a small smile at how sweet he was "Right" I agreed, "but...that's not the part I'm actually nervous about..."

"What could make you more nervous than worrying about being pregnant?" He asked confused. 

"Doctor's like this...you don't get away with just taking a test and leaving. You have to..." My stomach knotted up the more I thought about it, "...go through an examination first."

"Well, how bad could that really be?" Kakashi wondered, thinking an examination with a Gyno was the same as any doctor-temperature, blood pressure and heart rate.

"Like naked with nothing but a sheet while they look and...touch certain areas examination..." Kakashi's mouth formed an 'O' as he now realized the extent. "I may have gotten better with handshakes and hugs, but I'm still not that comfortable with other people and-" Kakashi stopped me with a finger to my lips. He could see just talking about it was making it worse.

"I'll be there with you to make it easier." He tried to comfort.

"No you won't" 

"You're going through this to verify if you're pregnant with MY child. For that alone, I should be there with you." Kakashi argued. 

"And if the results are negative? I'm still underage. I don't want you getting in trouble for nothing just because I'm a little nervous."

"Even if they are negative, you aren't nothing." 

I cupped his cheeks. "Kakashi, you are the sweetest thing in my life and I love you, but no. Obviously our cover will be blown if I am pregnant, but if I'm not...you're one of-if not the-best ninja this village has. I'm not going to allow anything to mar your position or reputation." 

Kakashi rolled his eyes as he sighed deeply, seeing that I wasn't going to budge on this topic. "Fine, but if not me, then at least let Sakura be there to help you through it. For me"

"Sakura?! You expect me to take Sakura along for a pregnancy test and not have her berate me with questions as to who the Father might be. I'm sorry, but that's not going to work." I argued. The thought alone was ludicrous. She'd end up telling Naruto, and then the two would gang up on me until I caved and told them. And since I didn't plan to tell, their annoyance would never end. 

"I don't think she would have any questions about that." Something about that comment made me eye him suspiciously.

"And why's that?" I leaned back from him as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Because..." Kakashi drawled out, but he didn't come up with anything to finish that. "...because she already knows that we're together."

My arms dropped in shock to my sides and I gaped at him "She knows?...Since when?"