Chapter 48

Since I'm two trimesters in and Sakura is do in just a couple weeks, with a little convincing on Naruto's part, he gathers us together for a last dinner. It wouldn't be long before we were elbows deep in newborns.

Kakashi was to my right, Naruto to my left with his beautiful wife right across from him and Sakura next to her. Kaori was with Boruto and the Hyuuga in-laws.

I hadn't been able to stop eying Naruto's dessert plate the second it was set down. I had been slowly working on my dinner-Tofu curry with quinoa instead of the heavy soba noodles. What we hadn't looked ahead for was the menu. This was the friendliest dish for me.

I glanced over again. My mouth was watering at the sight of the dongo. I went into ninja mode as Naruto glanced away and snatched one off his plate with my chopsticks. Naruto was just as quick and tried to snatch it back.

From beside me, Kakashi swooped in trying to grab it with his chopsticks.

"Nooo!" I whined, pulling the chopsticks out of reach, "Eating whatever the hell I want for two is supposed to be a benefit of pregnancy. I just want one." I muttered.

"Just one high in sugar and overly sweet." He argued. He didn't manage to snatch the dongo, but he had me blocked with his chopsticks from being able to raise my hand to eat it. "You've gotta be careful, remember?"

"I am, and that's why I didn't order a whole plate. I just want one and I'll be  golden." Kakashi gave me a skeptical look, unsure if I was spinning a tale for sweets or telling the truth, "please, I haven't had dongo in so long. I need it Kakashi" I pleaded with a pout.

Quickly the table grew quiet and Kakashi got a light blush on his cheeks. "what?" I questioned, glancing around at them. Naruto being the child he was was trying not to break out laughing. Slowly it clicked what I had said and what they were all thinking. "Oh my god, you're all a bunch of perverts." I muttered and dropped the dongo back on Naruto's plate, no longer interested in it.

The waitress had dropped another plate in front of Kakashi while I was huffing at their dirty minds. "I thought that might be the case," Kakashi spoke up and I looked back over to him. He now had his own plate of dongo and had one ready for me on his chopsticks to eat. "You can have my dongo" my mouth dropped open, my mind going straight to where there's had just gone. Kakashi surprised me, popping it in my open mouth with a chuckle. I ate the dongo while unable to hide the blush that burst across my face.

At this point Naruto had lost his control and burst out laughing. Hinata was blushing furiously at her husband's immature behavior and tried to quieten him down. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" he tried to take a deep breath to gather himself. Naruto looked at me, saw my blush and patted my shoulder reassuringly. "Don't be embarrassed. It's normal to crave dongo while you're pregnant. Right Hinata?" He turned to his wife with a shit eating grin and she turned a shade of red so dark there wasn't even a name for the tone yet. If this was the young, not married and still highly infatuated with Naruto Hinata, she might have blown a fuse and died at the table from his implication.

I helped her out and gave Naruto a nice swat to the back of his head. "Hey! What was that for?!" He hollered, holding his head.

"Stop embarrassing your wife" I scolded him, "you should know better by now" I shot Hinata a wink and she smiled lightly as her flush calmed down.

"Don't tell me what to do" he muttered to himself childishly, but I still heard.

"What was that?" I asked sweetly.

He grinned at me sheepishly while ducking his head from another swat. As I shook my head with a chuckle, I noticed Sakura had gotten quiet in her seat.