Chapter 49

A/N: So, I know the baby names in Naruto generally have a parents name spliced into it. I just now thought of two name options, but I'm not sure which I like better. I'll let you choose in the comments. Either Daisuke (Die-skay) after his father or Itatsu (it-tot-sue) honoring his Uncle. For this chapter I'll just put Daisuke/Itatsu until I've got a majority vote.

Sasuke phased into his home after a long mission away. Remembering the last night he spent with his wife, he couldn't wait to get back to her, and if he was successful, their two children.

Sasuke glanced around the home, surprised to find the rooms more disheveled than he had ever seen their home look before. He slowly walked through the house, noting that each room seemed about the same as the last.

Except for one. When he poked his head into his daughter's bedroom, it was spotless. The only sign that someone actually lived in this room were a few toys on the ground, and ..he tilted his head at the blanket and pillow strewn across the rocker in her room.

Sasuke peered out the window in her bedroom, finally spotting his beloved wife and daughter in the yard outside. Impatient to see them, he phased outside to them.

Before they saw him, he saw his wife-observed her. It was clear to him without having to ask that the pregnancy had been successful. She had on the same lavender maternity yukata she wore after having Sarada.

Her back was to him as she sat on a blanket with their daughter. Sarada saw him and her crimson eyes brightened to see him. His little girl was nearly a year and a half old and he couldn't believe it. She wobbily pushed her little legs off the ground, then ran across the yard to meet him. He knelt down to her height and she barreled right into his arms, not stopping once she reached him.

Of course by now Sakura realized he was home. She glanced over her shoulder, watching him with no real emotion in her eyes as she watched him pick her up and spin her around in his arms.

Sasuke continued to carry Sarada and went to his wife's side. Sarada moved to his lap as he sat down next to her, content just to be held in her daddy's arms for the moment. He leaned closer to Sakura, brushing the back of his fingers across her cheek then went for a kiss. Sakura turned her head, his lips landing on her cheek instead.

Sasuke pulled back confused, but she kept her gaze turned away from him, not giving a sign or indication to what she was thinking. "I missed you" he told her, trying to get some reaction out of her.

And he did. She gave a short wry chuckle at that. "You missed me." She repeated, her tone dull. "Come on, Sarada." Her voice became softer as she just spoke to her. She pulled their daughter from his arms and got up to head back inside. "It's bath time."

Sasuke jumped up, following after her. "Sakura, I just got home. Her bath can wait so we can be together for a minute."

"Cause it'll be a minute before you leave again, right?" She spat over her shoulder.

"Sakura," he grabbed her shoulder to stop her, "what has gotten into you?"

"Oh, now you're concerned about me." She chuckled darkly.

"Of course I'm concerned about you."

"That's a change"

"What the hell does that mean?"

"It means you're usually too busy thinking about yourself! You should have left me alone when I told you too" she muttered the last part to herself.

Sasuke's heart sank...what was she talking about? Leave her alone? "Leave you alone?" He whispered, the confusion evident in his own voice.

Sakura pulled herself from his grasp, then closed and locked the bathroom door behind her.