Chapter 16

"Holy shit" I whispered under my breath as I looked upon the house-no, mansion-of Sharukh Devou. It'd have to be to be to host a Gala in his own personal home. I know I should have already figured from what I'd been told, but damn. "Cause just that alone doesn't add to the pressure" I commented wryly...I'd barely played the piano in four years, and now I was supposed to pretend I was debuting as a concert pianist...I know I'm good but...am I this good?

"Don't worry," Kakashi squeezed my shoulder, "I'm sure you'll do fine. And even if you don't-well they won't find out until after we've completed the mission so-" He added in his little joke to lighten the mood and I shot him a mini scowl

Kakashi and I only managed a foot in the doorway before we were instantly bombarded by staff "You must be Ms. Tsuno!! Come in! Come in!" A woman ushered me through the foyer with a little too much pep in her step. Had she been waiting just for me?  "Mr. Devou is currently in a meeting and unfortunately couldn't greet you at arrival" She speedily walked through corridors all while keeping that grin on her face, "So I'm Karine and I will be getting everything started. Now, we haven't gotten much time left till the Gala, so first thing's first is we need to get you fitted so we can get your dress ready by then." She rushed out so quickly, it didn't surprise me she didn't stop for breath during it. 

My pace slowed down from hers a little when she said that, "Uhh...dress?" I questioned. 

"Well, of course a dress," She hurried back to me, grabbing my arm to pull me along at her speed to keep up, "You didn't expect to perform at Mr. Devou's Gala in that, did you?" She finished with a laugh like it was an obvious joke, and I nervously laughed along with her as if we were on the same page. 

Sakura already had a hell of a time convincing me to wear this...and now I'm supposed to put on something fancy to-do dress?! Oh God, what have I gotten myself into

Karine came to an abrupt stop at a door and turned to Kakashi, acknowledging his presence for the first time since we stepped in the door together. "You there-" Kakashi's brow twitched, "-we're short on time. Why don't you go take Ms. Tsuno's belongings to her room while she's busy here. Soto can show you the way and then you can give Ms. Tsuno the tour yourself later when she's done." She ordered him as if he was another servant like Soto. 

I sweat dropped, feeling bad for Kakashi right now. Kakashi held his tongue, knowing it was better to keep the attention on himself to a minimum, and decided to take this as an opportunity to start the game plan for where to hide the mics and cameras. "Of course" He nodded to her curtly, then held his hand out to me for my traveling bag. "Let me take that for you, Ms Tsuno" I knew he was just playing his part, but it still sounded so weird to converse with Kakashi this way.

"Thank you Asahi" I made sure to use his 'bodyguard' name as I thanked him. 

"This way" 'Soto' called his attention, then disappeared down another hallway with Kakashi following behind. 

With Kakashi gone, I gulped nervously, not looking forward to what was behind this next door. The room was fairly large, and looked to have been fashioned into a dressing room just for this occasion. Certainly expensive and lavish partitions were placed at each corner of the room and a pedestal near the center. The pedestal faced a  mirror so large it just sat on the ground and leaned against the wall, no anchor probably capable of supporting its weight without tearing out of the wall. 

Once in the room, I no longer needed Karine to push me around. The seamstress looked up from her supplies she'd been fussing with and looked up with a little squeal when I entered. She took over grabbing my arm and quickly shooing me behind one of the partitions. The Hokage is going to seriously owe me for as much as I've already been grabbed at in less than ten minutes of being here.