Chapter 50

A/N: It'll probably be some months before I actually start it because I have so many other stories and one-shots to catch up on-but I totally just got an idea for another Kakashi x reader story! Tell me what you think of the story idea:
Kakashi x reader are ninja from separate countries who happen to go to the same masquerade ball on missions. They can't fight the chemistry when they run into each other and have a one night stand. Not knowing one another and the nature of their missions, they never reveal who they are to one another.
Weeks later reader discovers she is pregnant, and out of fear of what the group she works for might due, she runs away, changes her name and tries to hide away jumping from village to village working simple unnoticeable jobs such as bartending. The only thing I'm still wondering about is if she reaches Konoha while still pregnant or a few years after the child is born. Give me your opinion on that part if you got one. Thanks.

I've been in bed rest for a couple weeks now and I was scheduled for a C-section in another two weeks. I huffed and tossed the magazine onto the comforter. I had read it four times over now and my boredom was reaching its peak...and I had another two weeks to go through this?

Kakashi was at the office, but since I'd gone onto bed rest, he was only spending half days there so he would be home right after picking Kaori up from the ninja academy.

And just as I had told Sasuke, he was watching Daisuke. I still hadn't spoken with Sakura since he was born, and all I could do was hope that things were getting better for her.

I looked over to the window, itching to get up for a walk. I sat up in bed, supporting myself leaning back into the pillows piled up against the wall. It was tempting to just swing my legs over the bed and take a stroll- something to get me moving.

*Knock*Knock*

I perked up when I heard a knock at the front door, followed by the creak of the hinges before I could respond.

"Keiko?" Someone called out and my day immediately turned around.

"Sasuke?" I called out from the bedroom. The door clicked shut, followed by the patter of footsteps across the wood floor. "What are you doing here?" He stopped just outside the room with Daisuke bundled up and safely in his arm. He had gotten enough practice the first time around with Sarada to handle him one handed. "Is everything alright? Is he okay?" I instantly worried when he hesitated in the doorway.

"No, everything's fine." He finally stepped in the room and went to Kakashi's side of the bed. He nodded his head at the bed and I scooted enough for him to sit on the edge comfortably. "I'm sorry I didn't think to visit sooner. I realized this morning that you might miss him-bed rest or not."

I smiled softly at Sasuke. "I really do. Thank you, Sasuke." Sasuke held him out to me and I gladly scooped him up from him. I laid Daisuke back, my big belly like a back rest and his legs resting on my chest. I supported his head gently with one hand and raised his leg with the other to give his tiny little foot a kiss.

Daisuke smiled at me, my kisses tickling his foot. This warmed my heart and made my smile grow bigger. Correction: This is what's made my day better

The bed shifted as Sasuke got up. He slowly stepped back, watching us together as he made to leave. "Where are you going?" I questioned and he stopped in his tracks.

"Giving you time to be with Daisuke."

I patted the empty space beside me. "If you want to give me time, you're going to have to stay. If he needs anything, I'm going to need your help." I reminded him. "I'm not exactly mobile, if you recall."

"Right" Sasuke muttered and he sat back down on the bed.

"I won't bite if you want to kick your feet up and relax." I teased in a baby voice while not taking my gaze off Daisuke. He giggled at the sound while Sasuke blushed at the tease. While I watched the baby, holding his little soft hands, Sasuke eyed me strangely until I finally noticed and glanced over at him. "You okay?"