Chapter 27

Kakashi and I were on the couch. The TV was on for me while Kakashi read the next volume Make Out Eden next to me. But really it was just in the background because I couldn't pay attention to it.

I laid leaning into Kakashi's side, gazing over his body while I traced my fingertips across his chest. Wanting to feel more than just his body from over his clothes, I reached up and took the book from his hand.

It took a tug and it was hard not to laugh at the forlorn look on his face as I laid it on the cushion behind me. Then he looked at me confused. "What was that for-mmm" I straddled his lap and crashed my lips onto his.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, tangling my fingers in his hair as I deepened the kiss. Oh god, I wanted Kakashi. I wanted him so badly. I lowered myself on his lap, grinding my body against his.

Kakashi let out a low moan against my lips, then grabbed my ass... stopping me...He pulled back from the kiss and gave me a peck on my forehead.

What he hell?

"It's getting late, and we've got an early mission tomorrow." He said.

Again, what the fucking hell? I thought as I shifted off his lap and plopped into the couch. Kakashi patted my knee, then got up from the couch with a stretch of the arms. I couldn't help but wonder if that was just for show. He gave me a smile and extended his hand to me at the end of his stretch. I thought about being stubborn, but I gave him my hand and let him help me up and pull me along through the apartment.

He let go when we entered his bedroom, then went into the bathroom to wash up before getting in bed.

Kakashi's never cared about getting to bed...he's never turned me away...at least he didn't before everything went wrong at the festival...

I'm done with this...I thought, feeling like everything had changed. Pissed off, I stormed out of the bedroom to get my things. I didn't want to stay here tonight, pretending like everything was alright.

"Keiko?.." Kakashi called out when he came out of the bathroom, wondering where I had gone. He came out of the bedroom and just saw the back of my head where I sat on the couch, "Keiko?" He asked hesitantly, sensing something was off. I got up from the couch, and that's when he noticed I had been putting on my shoes. He looked startled by this revelation, "are you going somewhere?"

"Yes. Home" I answered as I snatched up my apartment keys from the counter before heading for the door.

"What...why?"

I tried to open the door, but it became held shut by Kakashi towering over me, palm flat against the door.

"Keiko, what is going on?"

I didn't move from the door and just hung my head. "Shouldn't you be relieved I'm going?" I muttered.

"Relieved you're...? Keiko" he grabbed my arm to get me to face him since I wouldn't budge. "Why would you think that?" Kakashi tilted my chin up to him, but I wouldn't meet his gaze.
"Keiko, answer me."

"I don't need you pretending to spend time with me because you feel too bad for me to tell me it's over. If this is done, it's done and I'm going home!"

Kakashi gaped at me in shock and I took this moment to try opening the door again, but he slapped his palm to it again. I let go and clasped my hands together to do the teleportation jutsu to my apartment. Kakashi grabbed my hands before I could finish the hand signs. He kept my hands in each of his as he wrapped his arms around me, holding me to him so I couldn't keep trying.

"Oh, so now you want to touch me!" I snapped, trying to pull myself out of his arms.

Kakashi froze when I said that. "Is that was this is about? You're leaving because I didn't touch you tonight?" He asked, completely surprised that this is what it was about.