Chapter 21

I awoke to my head aching and groaned as I squinted my eyes in the light. I blinked through the morning haze then squinted, not recognizing the wall I was facing. I lifted up on my elbow and rubbed my eyes before gazing around the room. Where am I?

Not recognizing my whereabouts, I got up to take a look around. I realized my surroundings were that of a room at an Inn. I still wasn't sure why I was here and glanced out the window. I gasped in excitement, instantly recognizing where I was. The Āto Festival! How could I forget?!

Too excited to waste another minute, I scurried over to the dresser to change. I tilted my head in confusion and scrunched up my nose as I held up what I found in the drawer. I couldn't have brought this. Certainly this was left behind I thought as I eyed the bland black and beige ensemble. How was my body supposed to breath while I danced in this?

I dropped the clothes on the dresser top and looked into the mirror wondering how decent what I had on was. Blue sweats...not much better...was I just lazy yesterday and forget to pack anything decent? My eyes roamed up the mirror Black long sleeves- another nose scrunch-and...I cried out in shock...my hair?!

I ran my hands through my hair, examining the short locks with wide eyes.

The bathroom door in the room flung open and a girl with pink hair burst out. She held herself defensively, scoping the room for the sign of danger. "What's wrong?"

"M-my hair! What happened to my hair?!" I hollered, still looking in the mirror trying to figure out where my beautiful long locks went.

Then my eyes finally drifted from my short white hair to the pink hair in the background. "Ummm...who are you?"

The young pink hair woman just gaped at me. Between the freak out over my hair and now questioning who she was, she wasn't sure what she just walked into. Was this some prank? But then again, this wasn't Naruto she was dealing with...

What is a stranger doing in my room? Someone had to have let her in... I glanced around but didn't see any signs of him He must have sent her
"If you're here to watch me, don't bother. I told him I'm old enough to take care of myself, so you can take the day off"

I turned my back to her, ruffling through the dresser for my wallet These clothes just won't do.

"Kakashi didn't send me, but that doesn't make him less worried about you..." The girl started.

I gave her a strange look over my shoulder, "Who's worried about me?"

"...Kakashi...but not just Kakashi, we're all-"

"You can keep saying 'Kakashi', but I don't know who that is..." I found two wallets in the top drawer, but didn't recognize either. I stared at them strangely as I examined them both for some ID card Why can't I seem to remember anything this morning?!

"'Wait..." Sakura shook her head, finally replaying back what I said. She had been caught up watching my strange behavior going through the wallets she hadn't caught my words at first. "...Keiko" Sakura finally stopped me, turning to face her, "who do you think sent me to watch you?"

I looked up at her as I pocketed the wallet I determined was mine "My Father, of course."

Sakura's face fell. If this was a prank, it wasn't funny anymore. How did Keiko expect her to respond to that. "Keiko...what's my name?" She asked,  trying to test me. Looking for some sign on my face that I was faking this.

I looked at her strangely, "You seem to know mine, but you haven't told me yours yet..."

"Right...sorry. My name's Sakura." Sakura started taking slow steps backwards towards the door, as if I'd disappear if she took her eyes off me, "And if you give me just a moment, I'll introduce you to Kakashi as well." Sakura mustered a 'keep calm' smile, then slipped out the door. As soon as the door was closed behind her, she sprinted for the stairs to get to Kakashi's floor.