Chapter 31

"Kakashi" I hissed as he leaned back from the kiss, "I still have a stake in me" I reminded. Now, I still held onto it just to hold back the outpour of blood that would follow if I pulled it out. 

Kakashi glanced over his shoulder, then shouted to Ino where she stood her ground keeping an eye on Choji. "Ino!" He hollered again. This time she caught his voice and jumped over to where we were taking shelter from the battle. 

"Yes Kakashi-sensei-oh my god" Her sentence spiraled into shock as she saw the state I was in. 

"Ino, I need you to take care of Keiko as best as you can until we can get her to a hospital for proper treatment." Before Kakashi finished the statement, Ino was already pulling supplies out of the pouch strapped to her thigh. 

A quake shook the earth and Kakashi glanced back over to where Choji was doing his best facing off Kakazu alone, but he wouldn't be able to keep this up alone for much longer. Kakashi looked back to Ino, "I've got this" She assured him before he opened his mouth to question. Kakashi nodded, gave my hand one last squeeze, then jumped back into the battle alongside Choji. 

"Don't pull it out just yet. First," Ino hovered her hands over the wound where the slick black metal still protruded from my body. I could feel a tingling sensation rippling underneath my skin as she worked to slow the blood flow to the wound so I wouldn't lose as much when she pulled it out. After a few minutes, the tingling ceased and she looked up at me with an apologetic look in her eyes. "Ready?" She asked. 

"As ready as I'll ever be, I gue-holy mother of fuck!" I muttered through gritted teeth. Ino went for the 'ripping the band-aid off' effect without warning so I wouldn't focus on the pain...but that certainly didn't lessen it by any means.

Some blood still managed to trickle down my side. Ino grabbed the gauze and held it tight against my side while she focused her chakra with her other hand. The surface of my skin felt warm as she managed to make the two inch hole shrink until it was at least down to half an inch. With the wound healed as good as she was going to get it under these conditions, Ino wrapped up my abdominal with bandages to maintain pressure on the wound. With my shirt already torn in areas, she just ripped the bottom half out of her way, but in the end the gauze covered most of my mid-drift anyway. 

"Thank you, Ino-" I paused, my expression scrunching as I noticed how strange I felt just talking. It felt like my voice was echoing in my head and when I moved it, I suddenly felt very very dizzy, "Hey, ummm..." I struggled to put together the words for a moment. It was like they had caught on my tongue, "...are there...any side effects to this jutsu?" I asked.

"No, but you already lost a lot of blood, so I wouldn't be surprised if you felt..." I sagged into her side, my body feeling heavy and eyes getting droopy, "...tired" She finished as she felt my body become dead weight on her side. Ino picked me up, laying me carefully back against the tree. While I rested, she kept guard nearby, one eye on me and one eye on the fight. 

It wasn't long after that back-up arrived. Naruto stopped everyone in their tracks with his rasenshuriken.

*-*-*-*-*

Hidan slowly approached Shikamaru, stake raised in the air above his head. "If only you believed in Jashin, you'd still have a chance. He could step in and save you right now. It might not be too late to convert though; to change your ways. Just kidding!! You're dead kid!"

Shikamaru raised his hands. His shadow possession extended through the chakra strings twined through the forest, grabbing his arm before he could attack. "No thanks. I can save myself. 

"What the hell!"

"Shadow pull jutsu" Every string pulled tight, constricting Hidan's body in the center. He hung, suspended in the air while each string just bagged to cut through his skin from the pressure.