PLAN

Alexandria Anderson

  A week had past since Andy and I saw each other at the park and for the past couple of days, the two of us go out after their rehearsals to catch up. He often talks about his friends, like the antics that they do at their flat, things that they do during their rehearsals at the studio and how he and his friends spend most of their time messing around each other than rehearsing.

  “Alexandria.” Mom says on the other side of the door, pulling me out from my thoughts.

  “Yeah?” I look over at the door expectantly and wait for her to reply.

  “Lunch’s ready, just come down when you’re through.” she states.

  “I will, thank you, Mom.” I say to her.

  After taking a bath, I step out of the bathtub and dry myself with the towel from the rack at the side of the bathroom. As I dry myself, I hear my phone ring from my bedroom. Quickly wrapping myself with the towel, I rush out of the bathroom to answer the call.

  “Anderson.” he says, as soon as I answer the call.

  “Hi, Andy.” I reply, walking towards the closet.

  “Do you have anything to do today?” he asks, I think I already know where this is going.

  “I thought for a second before I speak up, “No, I don’t –”

  “Great, cause I am going to introduce you to the boys today.” he cuts me off.

  “What?” I ask utterly taken aback.

  “You haven’t met them ever since we saw each other again, so I thought today’s the day that you finally meet them.” he enthusiastically say.

  “Oh, but –” I start to say, but he interrupts me again.

  “I won’t take no for an answer.” he asserts; if there’s one thing I learnt about Andy, that is you will never win an argument with him.

  “Okay, fine.” I sigh. “What time are we going to meet and where?”

  Andy says that his friends went out to buy something, so he’s just going to pick me up and that we’ll wait at their flat before we go to the Windsor castle. I am actually excited, because I haven’t been there before. Anyways, I put on some comfortable clothes before I went downstairs. As Mom and I eat our lunch, I told her that I am going out with Andy and his friends.

  “Wait, you’re going out with Andrew and his what?” she asks, looking up from her food.

  “His friends.” I repeat.

  “So, you’re at the meet my friends stage already.” she says teasingly with a smile.

  “What?” I ask, chuckling. “Mom, it’s not like that.”

  “Okay okay, sweetheart, whatever you say.” she laughs.

  I smile as I shake my head and just continue to eat. After eating lunch with my Mom, I help her with the dishes and go back upstairs to prepare for later. I don’t really like to dress up, so I just took a pair of black jeans and a maroon long sleeves. Afterwards, I took my low–cut maroon Converse from the shoe rack and put it on before sitting down in front of the vanity mirror and comb my hair, I put the usual make up – lip gloss, eyeliner, and mascara – and look at myself for a second before I text Andy that I am ready. In just a couple seconds, I receive a text from him.

fr: Andrew Fowler
      — be there in five minutes.

  I take my wallet from the bedside table and walk downstairs, Mom’s sitting on the sofa in the Living room, flicking through the channels on the TV. As I reach the bottom of the stairs, she turns around and smiles at me after a few seconds.

  “Are you going to meet his friends or you two are going on a date?” she asks.

  “Mom..” I trail off, letting out a sigh.

  “I am just kidding, sweetheart.” she laughs and I just shake my head.

  “Well, he’ll be here any minute.” I say.

  As if in cue, we hear the doorbell ring, making the two of us laugh. I walk towards the front door and open it, Andy stood at the doorstep, wearing a black Adidas shirt.

  “Good afternoon, Anderson.” he formally says, making me chuckle.

  “Hi, come on in.” I say, smiling back at him as I open the door wider for him to walk inside.

  Andy thanks me as he walks inside of our house and I just smile at him and close the door. When Mom saw him, she turns the TV off and stands up from the sofa and walks over to us.

  “Hello, sweetheart, is there something you want to eat or drink?” Mom asks him.

  “Oh, no thank you, Mrs. Anderson. I already had lunch, I am just here to pick her up.” he replies, looking at me.

  “Please look after her, okay?” Mom says with a smile.

  Andy nods and smiles, “Of course, Mrs. Anderson, don’t worry about her.”

  “Thank you, sweetheart.” Mom replies, she walks into the kitchen and comes back with a box of brownies. “I almost forgot to give it to you.” she sheepishly says as she gives him the box.

  “What’s this?” he asks, taking a look in the box. “Oh, brownies, thank you Mrs. Anderson.”

  Mom just smiles, which Andy reciprocates and looks over at me. I raise my eyebrows, as if asking him if we’ll leave already. Without saying anything, he turns back to my Mom.

  “We’ll go ahead, Mrs. Anderson.” he says to her.

  “Alright, you two take care.” Mom replies, as she walks us out of the house.

   “We will, Mom.” I give her a warm smile, as I walk over to her and kiss her on the cheek, “I love you, see you later.”

  “I love you too, sweetheart.” she says and I smile at her again before Andy and I walk out of our house.