MAGIC SHOW

Alexandria Anderson

   Andy and I go to different stores to buy a few outfits, until we receive a call from Cam to say that we’ll eat at Nando’s before going to Darcy Oake’s show. After eating our food, the boys realize that Brook’s missing and begin to look for him. I saw him stood up earlier when he was through, he must’ve went to the comfort room. The boys joke around, making their own theories on Brooklyn’s disappearance and the boys start to vlog it.

  “My theory is that Brooklyn’s gone to the toilet, now he may return, he may not. All I know is that it’s his birthday and we wish him well, to Brooklyn!” Andy says, as he toasts his goblet making us laugh.

   After a couple minutes, Andy gets up from his chair to go the comfort room and see Brooklyn who is now heading back to our table.

   “Hello, guys.” we hear Brooklyn says.

  “Hello, guys.” Andy mimics. “My name is Brooklyn.”

   Brooklyn laughs and those of us on the table. Andy’s so hyper today, yet sober from time to time. When we are about to leave the shopping centre, Andy looks for his debit card to pay the cab but it was already missing; he must’ve left it at one of the stores that we went to.

   “Calm down, Andy.” Mikey says, as he freaks out.

   “We might be late for Darcy Oake’s show, I have to find that debit card right away.” Andy whispers, as he cautiously looks at Brook; making sure that he doesn’t hear what he says.

   “Let’s just go back to the stores that we went to.” I suggest.

   “Yeah, you probably left it at one of the stores.” Mikey adds.

   “I’ll go ahead.” Andy says. “Cam, take Alexa with you and look after her, I’ll just follow.”

  Cam nods and replies, “I will.”

   “I’ll come with you.” I blurt out, but Andy shakes his head.

   “Go with the boys,” Andy says and leans in to whisper to my ear. “I don’t want you to be late for Darcy Oake’s show, you’ll miss the fun.”

   “I’ll come with you.” Rye chimes in, walking towards him.

   “Well, come on.” Andy says in a rush, as he and Rye walk away.

   “That isn’t fair.” I mutter, making the lads laugh.

   “Aw, that’s okay, Alexa.” Mikey says and lightly pats me on the shoulder.

   We all head out of the shopping centre and wait for a cab. After a couple minutes, a cab pulls over in front of us and we all climb in; I sit in between Cam and Brooklyn whilst Mikey sits on the passenger. When we are all comfortable on our seats, the driver asks us where we’re going. Mikey shows him his phone and whispers something to him, the driver nods and starts to drive.

• • •

   The trip to the venue was quick, we arrive there in just a couple minutes. Brooklyn kept on asking us where we’re going, but the boys said that we still have another stop to go; leaving the part about Darcy Oake’s show. In the midst of Darcy Oake’s performance, Andy arrives together with Rye and Harvey. Andy sits next to me, whilst Rye and Harvey sit on the other side of him. As soon as we are out the theatre, the boys start to vlog; complementing Darcy Oake, calling him a legend and all that.

   “I am glad you live, Darcy.” Andy says on their vlog.

   Afterwards, Andy walks towards me; leaving his friends there as they vlog.

  “So, did you have fun?” he asks.

  “I certainly did.” I smile at him.

  “Well, we hope Brooklyn had fun too.” he looks back at him, who is now talking to the lads.

   “I am sure he did,” I assure him. “we all did.”

   “Yeah, we can all agree on that.” he chuckles.

   Brooklyn walks over to us and hugs Andy, “Thank you, mate.”

  “You don’t have to thank us, Brooklyn, what’s important is that you had fun on your birthday.” Andy says.

   “I did, I had so much fun.” Brooklyn replies with a smile.

   As the boys continue to talk, my phone vibrates; it’s Mom. I excuse myself from the lads and walk away as I answer the call.

  “Mom.” I say, stopping at the side; just a couple feet away from the boys.

   “Hey, sweetheart.” she replies. “How was the show?” she asks.

   “It was great, we had a lot of fun.” I reply with enthusiasm.

   “Well, that’s good to know, sweetheart.” she says.

   “Are you okay there, Mom?” I ask.

   “Yeah, of course.” she replies reassuringly. “I just want to check on you.”

   “We’re on our way bac anyway, I’ll see you in a couple minutes.” I say to her.

  “Alright, take care, sweetheart, love you.” she replies.

  “Yeah, I will, love you too.” I wait for her to hang up, before putting the phone back into my pocket.

   I walk over to the lads and when I get there, they all look at me and they are all quiet.

   “Uh, I am sorry, did I interrupt something?” I ask, after a while.

   The boys look at each other for a couple seconds, before Andy shakes his head and speaks up.

   “We were just talking about Darcy Oake.” he anxiously answers.

   “Yeah, really blew my mind.” Mikey chips in.

   “We already know that, Mikey, you already said that a hundred times.” Cam says.

   “Yeah, since the show was over.” Brook adds.

   Mikey puts his hand up defensively, “Well, don’t hate me, I was just really astounded by Darcy Oake.”

  “We all are, mate.” Andy says, as he puts his hand on top of Mikey’s shoulder.

   “I hate to interrupt, but I have to go home now.” I sheepishly tell Andy.

   He checks his watch before he speaks up again, “Let’s go, it’s already late.”

   We all walk out of the building and start to walk, hoping that we could get a cab to ride back to Slough. Rye vlogs, as he and the boys talk about having a show there one day along with Harvey.