LOVE

Alexandria Anderson

   I stop what I was saying and look over at Rye, a small smile tugs at the corners of his lips whilst he texts someone.

   “Are you still with me?” I ask, but he didn’t even look away nor did his smile falter. “Ryan.”

   He subtly jumps up a little in surprise and looks at me, “Yeah, sorry – just continue what you were saying.”

   “Guys, come on, it’s time for soundcheck.” their tour manager says and waits for the boys’ acknowledgment before he walks away.

   The four boys get up and walk out of the room, leaving me and Rye in the green room.

   “What were you saying?” he asks, as he readies to leave.

   “Nevermind, it isn’t really important, just go and have your soundcheck.” I try to put as much enthusiasm to it.

   He nods and smiles at me, before leaving the room. I get up from the sofa and take the book that I brought with me and just continue reading the poems. Later on though, I decide to watch their soundcheck for a while. I notice that Rye keeps on looking at his phone every now and then, smiling as he texts someone back. I wonder who’s he talking to, I sigh and just turn around and start to head back to the green room.

   “Are you okay?” I was so deep in thoughts that I didn’t even notice Alex as I walk down the hallway.

   “Uh, I am alright.” I assure him with a small smile, but I know it wasn’t convincing enough.

   “You look upset though.” he furrows his eyebrows in concern.

   “I am okay, Alex, don’t worry about me.” I saw that he has his camera with him so I suppose he’s on his way out to take a video of the lads. “You’re going to vlog?”

   “Yeah, just for additional content.” he chuckles, as he looks at his camera from side to side.

   “Well, I’ll see you later then.” I smile and say goodbye to him and make my way to the green room.

   I am already familiar to the venue since they already had a couple shows here before and the boys and I usually do a lot of exploring in every venues that they go to. When I get to the green room, I just realize how messy the room is. At almost every corner of the room, there is a clutter of either towels, clothes, or foods. Sighing, I just continue to read Memories by Lang Leav as I wait for the boys.

   “We are back!” Brook says, as they walk into the room.

   “Are you okay there, Alexa?” Andy looks over his shoulder, as he rummages through his bag.

   “Yeah, of course.” I reply with a smile.

   “Hi, sorry it took us a while.” Rye says as he takes his phone out from his pocket and plops down on the sofa next to me.

   “You don’t have to apologize.” I chuckle, reassuring him.

   He smiles and rests his head on my shoulder, going back to what he was doing again – texting.

   “Rye, someone’s looking for you.” Josh says, walking into the green room.

   “Who is it?” Rye curiously asks, as he gets up from the sofa.

   “Oh, I didn’t get her name.” Josh chuckles.

   “I’ll be right back.” Rye says to me as he heads towards the door and leaves the room.